Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAir East West NIC Award Resolution? Very soon!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Poor turdhole, you just don't get it do you?

The intelligent can see that you resorted to name calling. It's the last place to run when someone comes to the distasteful realization they have no rational counter point, or they are just lazy. :D

Here's a proposal... A joint east/west cba were the SLI is based on the "Nic"...However there are caveats. Once a FORMER AW pilot bids another domicile other than PHX, his/her seniority reverts to DOH..This includes the CURRENT airline and any MERGER-S that may result.
In this scenario your beloved Nic award lives on for ever, as long as you remain in PHX. We can call this "The Invisible Nic fence Award"!!
So you see there are viable solutions to this conundrum..One just needs to be creative..

Sounds like a ripe DFR.

OK, I'll play.... So answer this. If the "Nic" is in fact a "Binding" agreement, Why will the courts NOT mandate its use??
I'll give you a hint...Courts do not like to mingle in union matters. The unions are given "A broad range of reasonableness" when dealing with issues such as this. Therefore USAPA is free to vacate the Nic. If and when a JOINT doh cba is ratified, the west will be free to sue. However, the burden of proof that a legitimate DFR exists, will lie on the plaintiff. If USAPA gives the west protections in the form of C&Rs, how could they claim a DFR?
In essence, Doug has been given immunity in the form of GUIDANCE by the courts. As long as the Co. is free of "Collusion", it can agree to a CBA that does not include the "Nic"..

You don't really believe this do you? USAPA is in the corner; with very tight parameters. An unenviable position to be in. But what does the rest of the industry know...you east guys are happy at the bottom. How long have you enjoyed those stellar payrates?

The intelligent can see that you resorted to name calling. It's the last place to run when someone comes to the distasteful realization they have no rational counter point, or they are just lazy. :D

Keep telling yourself that dumb dumb. It's going to hit you like a ton of bricks when that NIC gets implemented and you realize how much money you've lost. I'm on the sidelines, but I think with what the east did to the west a bump and flush might be in order. I'd laugh my butt off if it goes that far. And NO I wasn't one of the ones furloughed, you'd be surprised how many outside Airways think you guys are the scum of the earth, well either that or canidates for the darwin award. Which one is it, no integrity or dumb as a rock?

OK, I'll play.... So answer this. If the "Nic" is in fact a "Binding" agreement, Why will the courts NOT mandate its use??
I'll give you a hint...Courts do not like to mingle in union matters. The unions are given "A broad range of reasonableness" when dealing with issues such as this.

In a stand-alone union that is not in the process of merging two groups, you may be correct. However, the rules are a little stickier when you put yourself in the position of double-agent between two groups and then make and obvious choice to support one side at the expense of the other. This is where a court will decide that it is more a matter of the rights of a particular class being trampled in direct opposition to an arbitrators award.

Don't hang your hat on Broad Range of Resonableness, in this instance, because once the contract is ratified, the damages can be quantified and USAPA will be liquified (with damages accruing to individual members).

The USAPA Scabs have been trying to hide under the "wide range of reasonablness" since inception. A jury shot them down after 90 minutes of deliberation. Nothing has changed, and nothing they do will EVER change the fact that these Scumbag Scabs that inhabit the East Coast will ever be considered "reasonable". Extortion isn't reasonable.

They found a parasite lawyer that told them what they wanted to hear....then over charged them over a million bucks and bailed. Genius.

Last edited:
you east guys are happy at the bottom. How long have you enjoyed those stellar payrates?

Funny how the west is sooo concerned with OUR pay-rates...YOU keep the Nic, we recapture OUR attrition..
This is a war of attrition..Both sides are entrenched in a bitter fight that in the end, winner TAKES ALL!!
I must say that although the pay rates do SUCK, every east pilot I know is prepared for the long term.. All the foreclosures, divorces, and refinancing of debt have come to pass. We are "DUG INN". Besides massive upward movement is on the horizon. In a short 3 years we could foreseeably hire into the 190 capt seat and/or 767 international F/O.
In the mean time the west lingers and stagnates...Disillusioned, debt ridden, and frustrated, MASS exodus ensues. Eventual turnover yields a majority that is non affected by the Nic. The new majority will toss out all claims to the failed Nic, as if were a worn out old rag..
This assuming a failed AA/US merger. If the later should come to fruition, then 3 way Mac/Bond baby!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back