• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not to mention, even with the recalls, Each bid the company has continued to cut down the total number of positions, It just so happens more guys are leaving then the company can cut out. I.E. there isn't growth there is still shrinkage. No furloughs, because of the number of retirements they are having, or people leaving early. Since the merger the east side has LOST over 600 positions. Meaning if things had stayed static, I.E. no movement such as the west side. There would have been ALL the recalls currently going on PLUS 600 more. So I understand the west side has stagnated, but have you lost 600 more positions off your total positions, since the merger was announced????

Yup sounds like a windfall......

Sorry to interrupt the sniping and counter-sniping but here's some dispassionate facts. West is stagnant. East is recalling due to attrition and for slow growth soon due to the 190s. Easties are flying some former West routes and Westies are flying some former East routes; those block hours are a wash. The company recently has been compliant with the Transition agreement in this regard.

Interestingly, after two winters of being on reserve January and February this year I've had lines. I suspect we'll actually need to have some recalls come West by this summer unless something changes.

We need to unify to get a Joint Contract asap. Until we do the West will continue to stagnate and the East will continue to languish under a consessionary contract.

Wrong. Recalls are for a lot of the west flying by the EAST, against the TA agreement, signed by the East, West and Doug. 9 flights a day to PHX from SAN, DFW, SEA, LAS etc. being flown by the East. The East pilots have lost a lot of respect by the West for their whipsawing tactics and their sucking up to Doug. ( "Well it benefits us.... Screw the West pilots" attitude, or "WE Lost Soooooo Much")

No loss of flying west? No retirements west?

Your cloudy noggin has an RVR of 666 at best.

What a joke. Your spin is wobbly, at best. West is doing East flying, too. How many SAN-PHL routes did you guys fly three years ago? Yeah? Well you do it now.

You and a few others here will be the last one's to get it. We are family. Get over it. And be happy you're on a winning team. Either that, or, hey, Continental is hiring. Maybe you want to get an early jump on NWA's big hiring spree.

I haven't seen any "windfalls" anywhere, personally. Begrudging the east for their recalls is just wrong. We are all languishing one way or another. In my own situation I can't complain, it could be worse. I've been on reserve for pushing 3 years as a junior captain out west, but if I complain about that(which I won't), I would fully expect to get laughed off the island. The more recalls the better, the way I see it.

As usual, Twa Dude has it right, in my opinion.

Last edited:
Sorry to interrupt the sniping and counter-sniping but here's some dispassionate facts. West is stagnant. East is recalling due to attrition and for slow growth soon due to the 190s. Easties are flying some former West routes and Westies are flying some former East routes; those block hours are a wash. The company recently has been compliant with the Transition agreement in this regard.

Interestingly, after two winters of being on reserve January and February this year I've had lines. I suspect we'll actually need to have some recalls come West by this summer unless something changes.

We need to unify to get a Joint Contract asap. Until we do the West will continue to stagnate and the East will continue to languish under a consessionary contract.

The West are flying some East routes? I think I saw PDX to PHL 4 days a week on an allnighter. Can you throw in some other examples? The East side flies a lot of LAS flights now that they did not before(MIA, FLL etc), plus a lot of California flights through PHX and a MSP flight from PHX. Just curious.

Bye Bye--General Lee

It is all about the East coast whiners. Doug is playing right along with them. Let me ask, again. Are you saying there has been NO retirements or increased flying west? The West went from hiring to NO growth for 2 years. All growth WEST, would have been to/for the East recalls. Which to me is nothing but a WINDFALL EAST.
Lets me say that again....this whole merger mess has been a HUGE WINDFALL for the EAST.

East flying....West flying... I saw 9 flights a day by the East to PHX. In addition, many flights outbound from PHX to numerous destinations by the EAST. This month 1 flight SAN-PHL and a PHL-BOS flight and I believe a PDX-PHL . WOW. But thanks following the agreement. Windfall EAST.

OK....whatever. How about you guys take back all these Mesa CRJ900's flying our stuff in CLT. You're the powerhouse ALPA unit that allowed those aircraft in the first place.

You guys have so much more opportunity for a global airline career than you did. How many wide bodies did you have? Windfall WEST.

OK....whatever. How about you guys take back all these Mesa CRJ900's flying our stuff in CLT. You're the powerhouse ALPA unit that allowed those aircraft in the first place.

You guys have so much more opportunity for a global airline career than you did. How many wide bodies did you have? Windfall WEST.

OK MR WE HAD 9 WIDEBODIES for the global universe.....

That is why WE kept the EMB190's in house ....so you could come back.

You are welcome.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back