• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does anyone know if Usair west are short pilots? I heard last year that the west side might need to recall around 50-60 pilots around mid 2007, if that's so I guess it means that the "east" furloughees will be working under the "west" contract.

Appreciate any info.

Thanks for the info regarding the recalls guys. Just looking hard at my hometown airline. Time will tell.......

The Letter

Ok. I got "the letter" today.

So how have you folks been wording this reply to USAir (assuming you would like to bypass, but be contacted again for each subsequent bid)?

Have you been sending it via email and then calling to verify it was received? Or do they send some kind of email reply indicating it was received?

Ok. I got "the letter" today.

So how have you folks been wording this reply to USAir (assuming you would like to bypass, but be contacted again for each subsequent bid)?

Have you been sending it via email and then calling to verify it was received? Or do they send some kind of email reply indicating it was received?

"Dear Charmaine,

In reference to the recall letter dated January 15, 2007 for recalls
beginning February 2007, I would like to pass on this one. Please contact me for the next recall."

Sent via email and read receipt requested.

Does anyone know if Usair west are short pilots?
Almost. Things are starting to get tight on some categories. The summer might be a different story.
I heard last year that the west side might need to recall around 50-60 pilots around mid 2007, if that's so I guess it means that the "east" furloughees will be working under the "west" contract.
Yes, it means exactly that, as we provided for in our Transition Agreement. It even clarifies how to handle their seniority on the combined list.
Last fall we had a vacancy bid that provided for a handful of recalls here but nothing's happened and there's no word on when it might.

bender,

I'm in a similar predicament, got a certified letter yesterday(mon)....I want to defer on this recal, but want to be contacted for future recalls. I'm still in shock that this current recall is going so junior. I'm a 3/99 hire date and thought I would have a few more months to decide....did you speak to Cxxxxxxx or just e-mail. Any info you have would be appreciated. I definately don't want to screw up my chances of going back in the future (6-12 months from now), but right now would be a bad time.

Thanks

I sent an email. Basically said that I would like to defer recall as per section 23I of the pilots working agreement and to please contact me for the next recall. I also asked that she please send a quick reply so I knew she received the letter (which she did).

If they handle it like the handled the MidAtlantic calls in summer 2004, then you could call and say, "i'm ready to come back" if you need to change your selection. ALPA seems to think the company will still have to contact you for each classdate and make a "yes" "no" decision. So I guess we'll see.

My understanding is that they're sending out 3 letters for each actual recall position. So it's likely that it would be months before the actual recall class got to you and I anyway.

I emailed Charmaine last week and asked her a couple of questions. Here is what I emailed her.------

Charmaine,

I am emailing you in regards to the letter I received last Friday for a
possible recall. I am going to pass this time, but would like you to let
me know for the next recall.

If you have time to answer a couple of questions, I would be grateful.
What aircraft are the recalls going out to? What are the bases? For pay
purposes, will we get longevity or do we start back at the year when we
were furloughed?

Thank you for answering any of these.

Now here is her reply::::: I am very CONFUSED as to the answer to the longevity question.::::

Hi recalls are to Group II and Group I (there are a few 190's, however, I
would tell you prior to letting you know what your class date was - just in
case you didn't want a 190 job.). Hi...you would get longevity.

GROUP I ---- isn't this airbus 330????? Group II----isn't this 76/75 "you would get longevity" This means I would start at 9th year pay???? I looked at the numbers on reserve and I still would make less than I am making now, so I passed.

I also got the letter yesterday(1/18/99). I called PIT to defer also, I was told that the current recall was for group I and II w/ only a half dozen slots to the 190. I am also "RES" on the list. The do or die letter in the future will be a tough call.

Latest resources

Back