• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sounds like our future looked just like uSAirs did. Only defference is you guys would have filed Chapter 7 long before any of this would have come to fruition. More of that fine "USAir Spin'" I mentioned in an earlier post....You guys never let me down.

PHXFLYR

Can't really say I'm spinning it, but there is an answer to those that state the East side is getting everything, (190's, recalls, seniority based non-rev, etc etc) and the West side is getting only stagnation and such. (though there was the inclusion to the profit sharing and stuff)

Either way, as you agreed, both futures were bleak, and if you read into some of the arbitrators past rulings on integrations, They don't like using crystal balls. I.E. What may have happened in the future may have happened, but it didn't. what we have is where we are at. Putting two failing carriers together. Furloughees/current pilots may have lost their airline through liquidation, they may not have. West may have grown, and gotten widebodies, or increased their hiring, stolen market share, decreased time to capt....or they could have gone bk and chp7 like the other side. The point being is, it's not where we are. So the arguement from both sides is a moot point.
Anyways, the hasing of what's going to happen with the seniority list, is pretty much pointless, and a matter of waiting to see who is going to be the most pissed off.

If only the energy could be pointed towards the contract and getting mgmt off it's A**....

I liked his comment to in the news session regarding pay raises. Where he said that Mgmt's ideal is to have a contract which attracts and sustains the highest and best qualified pilots in the industry, and he feels that what they have is sufficient for that. (I.E. total cost of pilot contract) and that moving the East pilots to the west contract would be 40-50 million, whereas ALPA's as is a 400million increase. Don't know about you, but I think, with a contract comparason to other carriers East/West is a little below that, which will attract the best and brightest. Though he probably knows there are hoards of pilots at regionals, that would kill to simply get a Major Number. and hence, he can attract enough to fill classes when time comes to hire. I.E. J.O rationalization......

"Though he probably knows there are hoards of pilots at regionals, that would kill to simply get a Major Number."

The same fellas who were willing to go fly 50/70/90 seat RJs for $20/hour? Can't say i'm surprised.

Crzi;
Was that after his second or third beverage??:beer:

"Though he probably knows there are hoards of pilots at regionals, that would kill to simply get a Major Number."

The same fellas who were willing to go fly 50/70/90 seat RJs for $20/hour? Can't say i'm surprised.
Yeah because it was ok when you did it for 11 dollars an hour in your Metro or EMB 120 after paying 10k for your training.

Latest resources

Back