• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just saw PHX-SFO-PHL in open time a few days ago.

Itsallsogood, you have the same attitude as to why American Airlines furloughed TWA Captains and kept their new hires. TWA Alpa pilots got hosed by AMR and I just hope it does not happen to USAir pilots.

MARTY

Nope . Opposite.
East thinks they deserve all the left seats ( read the wish list)
West wants a FAIR integration.

Welcome for what? You guys sold out on the 90 seaters long before we did! We were pressured to do it only because you had. Have you been paying attention?

Have you? The reason those aircraft ended up at AWA was because of the pressures of bankruptcy, the same reason that they ended up at UsAirways.

All I know is, the AWA sound like they will be a joy to work with. "I was stagnant at AWA for two years because the East got all the flying and blah blah blah...." Oh I'm sorry, I should have voluntered to stay on furlough for another 5 years so that you could hold a line, or finally upgrade.......

Talk about self centered vision..... Each carrier is F**** up in it's own way. prior 9/11 guys were bailing out of AWA as fast as they could. Post...there were guys that quit US to goto AWA...etc etc....

So who gives a rats *ss about crap that's out of our control. If you would put as much energy into demanding for a fair contract, as well as increased rates on the 190 (THEY ARE PATHETIC), Demand Management accountability, etc etc..... as you do bemoaning that the east guys are screwing you, and don't deserve anything etc etc.....there might be some progress. Did you happen to go walk the line the other day??? How 'bout showing up in DC??? NO?? Didn't think so, probably more concerned with how many retirements are in the future, and what capt. position you'll be able to hold.

As previous have said, IT"S OUT OF YOUR CONTROL.....delve into something and put the energy forth into something that is in your control...geeze..

Does anyone know if Usair west are short pilots? I heard last year that the west side might need to recall around 50-60 pilots around mid 2007, if that's so I guess it means that the "east" furloughees will be working under the "west" contract.

Appreciate any info.

Our equipment bid late last summer resulted in 8 F/O new hire positions that to date the company has not filled. According to the Transition Agreement between West and East those slots were supposed to be filled by furloughees from the east but to date they have not. I just scrolled thru what we call "open flying" and there is quite a bit of open time for F/O's in all fleets for the month of Feb. Same last month. So that leads me to believe they are a little short with regards to F/O's. Hope this info helps.:)

PHXFLYR:cool:

Last edited:
Sorry to interrupt the sniping and counter-sniping but here's some dispassionate facts. West is stagnant. East is recalling due to attrition and for slow growth soon due to the 190s. Easties are flying some former West routes and Westies are flying some former East routes; those block hours are a wash. The company recently has been compliant with the Transition agreement in this regard.

Interestingly, after two winters of being on reserve January and February this year I've had lines. I suspect we'll actually need to have some recalls come West by this summer unless something changes.

We need to unify to get a Joint Contract asap. Until we do the West will continue to stagnate and the East will continue to languish under a consessionary contract.

Hey Dude....

Don't confuse the Easties with the facts. They just like being pissed off at the world and this gives them a convient excuse. He!!,they were even like that when they had the A scale money and pensions. Sorta in their DNA.If they were smart they would have used their furlough time more productively (like trying to get hired on with SWA, Fed Ex, or UPS ).and kiss that rotting carcus of an airline of theirs goodbye. One thing for sure ,if they do decide to come back and think it's gonna be the same "USAir" they left several years ago,they are in for a rude awakening. See ya.

I haven't seen any "windfalls" anywhere, personally. Begrudging the east for their recalls is just wrong. We are all languishing one way or another. In my own situation I can't complain, it could be worse. I've been on reserve for pushing 3 years as a junior captain out west, but if I complain about that(which I won't), I would fully expect to get laughed off the island. The more recalls the better, the way I see it.

As usual, Twa Dude has it right, in my opinion.

He absolutely does...one of the very few balanced and factual posters on this webboard that manages to keep the emotions out of his postings. But don't tell that to Crzipilot,Be Careful and the rest of the East Coast Comedy Team.

Just Call Me Dave was a nickname for David Siegel, former CEO. If you knew how to read and understand the context you would have caught that, moron.

No, never flown the 767. You? Why does this matter?

Finally, it appears obvious that you guys have never received pressure from your management to "compete" by adopting the inferior pay and work rules of a lesser carrier. Hmmmmmm. Wonder why? Oh, I just thought of it: your contract has historically been one of the $hittiest out there! Frankie, Parker, et al....couldn't exactly ask you for much, eh?

Maybe that's why you can't see that letting the 90-seat airplane out of the hanger was AWA ALPA's fault, not ours.

East flying....West flying... I saw 9 flights a day by the East to PHX. In addition, many flights outbound from PHX to numerous destinations by the EAST. This month 1 flight SAN-PHL and a PHL-BOS flight and I believe a PDX-PHL . WOW. But thanks following the agreement. Windfall EAST.

You know I'm no fan of the East guys and gals,but that said I gotta jump in here. First,let me suggest you read TWA Dude's post this thread a few messages back. All East flying being done by the West and all West flying being done by the East is all in compliance with the Transition agreement that BOTH MEC's signed off on . This was mentioned at last weeks MEC Pizza Lunch at the Training Center, sent to your home via Blast E-mail message (does ALPA have your home e-mail address? If not,why not?) and there is also a posting in the ALPA Glass Case in the Crewroom in PHX outlining the
above info. For you to suggest otherwise is wrong. May I suggest you settle down and get your facts straight before going off on a tagent next time?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back