• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Pilot/FA Recall

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ah yes, another clear, accurate Internet posting containing nothing but whole truth.

DOH is a staple job? How does that work? US Air certainly hired most of its current pilots after the birth of America West Airlines, so where do you come up with this?

They (East) say that DOH doesn't staple AWA pilots to the bottom of the list, well it's obvious to me they (the east pilots) haven't looked at the DOH list to see what will actually happen.

On A DOH list (Dated 01-07 and not updated since this came out right after the arbitration what completed, here is what ACTUALLY happens to the AWA pilots.

Our number 1 pilot comes in at #847
in the top 1000 pilots 30 total are AWA pilots
in the top 2000 pilots 137 total are AWA pilots
in the top 3000 pilots 293 total are AWA pilots

So in the first 3000 pilots at Us Airways - only 293 are AWA pilots. That's out of 6519 on the total list. That's 9% of 3000 or 4.49% out of 6519 if I did the math correctly.

In the top 4000 pilots 533 are AWA pilots
in the top 5000 pilots 1156 are AWA pilots
in the top 6000 pilots 1403 are AWA pilots and
in the final 6519 pilots 1828 are AWA pilots.

Just in the LAST 3519 pilots at US Airways 1535 are AWA pilots. PLEASE someone tell me that this isn't being stapled on the bottom of the list. That's 43.6% of the last 3519 pilots are AWA pilots.

AWA pilots only comprise 29% of the total pilots on this list. As I said this list hasn't been updated since then. There are 4694 AAA pilots on this list and 1828 AWA pilots.

Still the statistics are there AWA is stapled in the bottom half of the list.

How bout them apples, bizzatch???

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Well, at least we made to to page 7 before the thread devolved into another East/West battle.

Anyone for more Mexican food posts?

HAL

HAL, you missed the bile on page 5.

As you requested...

It is entirely reasonable that CLT should have some damnable respectable Mexican food, that area is entirely overrun by Mexicans. I am not saying anything political, just observational and statistical.

I probably don't know what authentic Mexican food is, but I knows what I likes. I know authentic Asian food is not all fried this and syrupy that, but that is what we have available here and it is also yummy. Knowing your audience is the game, me thinks.

We want it our way, right away! We like being fat, violent, xenophobic bastards! It's our "thing!" Billions and billions served, ya know.

Last edited:
We want it our way, right away! We like being fat, violent, xenophobic bastards! It's our "thing!" Billions and billions served, ya know.

ughhh, gets me sick thinking about that place!! Glad I gave up that crap. :puke:

They (East) say that DOH doesn't staple AWA pilots to the bottom of the list, well it's obvious to me they (the east pilots) haven't looked at the DOH list to see what will actually happen.

On A DOH list (Dated 01-07 and not updated since this came out right after the arbitration what completed, here is what ACTUALLY happens to the AWA pilots.

So in the first 3000 pilots at Us Airways - only 293 are AWA pilots. That's out of 6519 on the total list. That's 9% of 3000 or 4.49% out of 6519 if I did the math correctly.

Just in the LAST 3519 pilots at US Airways 1535 are AWA pilots. PLEASE someone tell me that this isn't being stapled on the bottom of the list. That's 43.6% of the last 3519 pilots are AWA pilots.

AWA pilots only comprise 29% of the total pilots on this list. As I said this list hasn't been updated since then. There are 4694 AAA pilots on this list and 1828 AWA pilots.

DOH is a black and white issue. In order of specific day in time you were hired. No staples. 846 East guys working before West #847. Sesame Street counting techniques tell me that 847 comes after 846.

What was this thread about again? Did anyone get a certified letter with a class date yet?

That's an interesting post. I wonder if you could assume no one retires till 65 and run it for 2018 and 2023 and watch how fast the west would rise up the list just from retirements.

You have good information but give the rest of the story.

Well I tried, I'm surprised they made it this far. I suppose we will have to start another thread for them to hijack at a later date. I'm out of this one, Received the first letter, now it's time to look for that certified letter. I look forward to getting back to work but must admit I don't miss the love fest these two pilot groups have going on. That's what they make ear plugs for. Right??

DOH is a black and white issue... No staples.
You're confusing cause and effect. Seniority lists can either be ratio-ed (dovetailed) together, stapled together or a tiered combination of both. The methodology for doing so is a separate issue. A DOH integration could easily result in a staple job which is exactly what the Easties want with the Westies.

The true 'black and white issue' is that the Easties want use their greater numbers to get around an agreed-to arbitration. Wielding the 'DOH' mantra is merely subterfuge.

DOH is a black and white issue. In order of specific day in time you were hired. No staples. 846 East guys working before West #847. Sesame Street counting techniques tell me that 847 comes after 846.

What was this thread about again? Did anyone get a certified letter with a class date yet?
:crying::bawling::crying::bawling::crying:

You're confusing cause and effect.

You do realize you're talking to an east flight attendant don't you?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back