• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Pilot/FA Recall

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You're confusing cause and effect. Seniority lists can either be ratio-ed (dovetailed) together, stapled together or a tiered combination of both. The methodology for doing so is a separate issue. A DOH integration could easily result in a staple job which is exactly what the Easties want with the Westies.

The true 'black and white issue' is that the Easties want use their greater numbers to get around an agreed-to arbitration. Wielding the 'DOH' mantra is merely subterfuge.

I'm not arguing or stirring the pot. Is the "current" list right now strictly DOH? Or is it one of the kinds you mentioned above.

Last edited:
Which "current" list? There's four of them: current AWA, current USAir, the integrated Nicolau list and the USAPA Wet Dream list.

The 4th one. All emotions aside, isn't that the one on the table right now in court again? I thought that was strictly DOH. Correct me if I am wrong. Once again, not arguing just curious.

The 4th one. All emotions aside, isn't that the one on the table right now in court again? I thought that was strictly DOH. Correct me if I am wrong. Once again, not arguing just curious.

Its not strictly DOH, the empire and Trump shuttle pilots were slotted. Otherwise, yes it is DOH as it should and will be.

Its not strictly DOH, the empire and Trump shuttle pilots were slotted. Otherwise, yes it is DOH as it should and will be.

Thanks for clarifying. So it is strictly date of hire from the two existing east/west lists at the date of the east/west merger. So my point was no "staple" job. If it was, # 800 and whatever on the west would be nailed to to bottom with a 3000ish number. Not trying to piss anyone off. Just stating it is by definition, DOH. Call it staple if you wish. I'm done. Thanks. Back to the recall.

Last edited:
All emotions aside, isn't that the one on the table right now in court again?
Actually, no. The court case was about USAPA's failure to represent the West fairly. Apparently it isn't ripe yet but that could change very soon. Or, the court may rule separately that the airline can also be held liable for a DFR which would make them not even look at USAPA's list. Stay tuned.

Okay, so you like USAPA's wet dream list. Good for you. How do you feel about the fact that USAPA wishes to ram it down the throats of the West?

I said to keep emotions aside. I was just saying it is wrong to call it a staple list. It is DOH period.

But since I tried to keep it civilized and get this reaction, yes I love the Wet List. I hope USAPA rams it down. (nothing personal to you since I don't know you. Just in general ,I like it).

I am just confused where the All American Airways guys are going to be stapled to.

Still, have you guys heard the big news? USAirways is recalling 80 guys!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back