• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Pilot/FA Recall

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Congrats to the recalls. How long do you think til they are all recalled and they have to start hiring new hires? Just curious....

Just thinking out loud here but if you look at the original bid announcement there were quite a few more vacancies listed than they are filling on this bid. If you look at overall vacancies and subtract the reductions, even after the 40 e190 are subtracted from the vacancies, there are still like 50 unfilled positions. I'm think they will put out a bid for december since this was just a one month bid and I'm thinking the next bid should have group 2 on it. A few others have noticed this as well.

Had someone that knows a bit about this on flight the other day. Didn't go into it, but his comment, made me think they simply dumped all empty positions onto the 190 and left it there. So what PSW says about other empty positions in the near future makes sense. Sorta like, hiding positions for those that are senior who may come back in another month or so.

I.E. to avoid the backlash of how they handled previous recalls......when the company picked and choosed what positions were available for bid by class date, even though there were a number of vacancies on all equipment types.. This way there is no question, you come back as a 190 f/o, no matter. Future bid, when they figure out next months staffing will show some of those other vacancies. The other hidden meaning is, reserves on group II gonna be short for the rest of the year, with training float etc etc...

Had someone that knows a bit about this on flight the other day. Didn't go into it, but his comment, made me think they simply dumped all empty positions onto the 190 and left it there. So what PSW says about other empty positions in the near future makes sense. Sorta like, hiding positions for those that are senior who may come back in another month or so.

I.E. to avoid the backlash of how they handled previous recalls......when the company picked and choosed what positions were available for bid by class date, even though there were a number of vacancies on all equipment types.. This way there is no question, you come back as a 190 f/o, no matter. Future bid, when they figure out next months staffing will show some of those other vacancies. The other hidden meaning is, reserves on group II gonna be short for the rest of the year, with training float etc etc...

If the bid vacancy numbers are true then there are about 60 more vacancies in the coming months. Even if every east furlough came back, this would bring em all back and then some. Hopefully it works out this way.

Will the recalls be seat-locked on the E-190 for a year -even if we ALREADY did the one year on it prior to furlough? I assume there is a one year seat lock. Just curious...I am just happy to be going back! Sorry if this was addressed already.

Thanks!

gotta check the contract, but I believe, depending on the what you come back on etc etc, seat locks don't apply. depends on where you got furloughed from and where your coming back to etc....

If the bid vacancy numbers are true then there are about 60 more vacancies in the coming months. Even if every east furlough came back, this would bring em all back and then some. Hopefully it works out this way.

I don't understand, where is the pilot demand all of a sudden coming from? When do you estimate that they will have called all the furloughed pilots back?

Once all east furloughes who want to return do so. If there's any west pilots still on furlough then any slots that open up east must be offered to them first..

I don't understand, where is the pilot demand all of a sudden coming from? When do you estimate that they will have called all the furloughed pilots back?

When does all the attrition start picking up? Is 500+ retirements accurate within the next 2 years?

Latest resources

Back