Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Two people in Aviation with Kids. Does it work?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Biz, you missed the point completely. These guys don't want you to work EVER. So those 'rare' trips you just mentioned, forget it.

Biz, you missed the point completely. These guys don't want you to work EVER. So those 'rare' trips you just mentioned, forget it.

Not true! You seem intent on creating men into evil villians that want to chain you to the oven and bed. Men aren't the problem here... its the indentity crisis and the multiple jobs that women have taken on...wife, mother, professional...

The original title of the thread.... "with Kids Does it work?" For some reason the feminist have rejected our children in thier pursuit for power and "emancipation"...

The above article states that women still haven't found equalibrium. In fact they are more unhappy now, then when they "were the patriarch's indentured servants"

Many women took the feminist "you can have it all" bait and its just made them more miserable. The deterministic women whose identity is tied to the workplace. Specifically for us.. the jet. The new paradigm is "you can have it all-just not at the same time"

Do you have a problem with a husband that wants and finds a women who wants to stay at home, while he works? If both are happy is that cool? Do you view her as less? Do you look down on her?

1. Men aren't the problem here... its the indentity crisis and the multiple jobs that women have taken on...wife, mother, professional...

2. The original title of the thread.... "with Kids Does it work?" For some reason the feminist have rejected our children in thier pursuit for power and "emancipation"...

3. The above article states that women still haven't found equalibrium. In fact they are more unhappy now, then when they "were the patriarch's indentured servants"

4. Many women took the feminist "you can have it all" bait and its just made them more miserable. The deterministic women whose identity is tied to the workplace. Specifically for us.. the jet. The new paradigm is "you can have it all-just not at the same time"

5. Do you have a problem with a husband that wants and finds a women who wants to stay at home, while he works?

6. If both are happy is that cool?

7. Do you view her as less?

8. Do you look down on her?

1. Oh, of course not....men are NEVER the problem :rolleyes:

2. Aaaah yes....the original title of the thread that you helped hijack. The original poster was asking "does it work"? You don't have a spouse in the airline industry so you really cannot answer the question but you had to get on here and flap your yap about your idealisms that she wasn't even asking about.

3. Are you really that naive that you just blindly believe what a stupid survey (that can be swayed) says? I'm sure women were much happier being under the complete control of their husbands....NOT! Interestingly, my mom and many other women from the last generation have complained to me how they could have gotten an education and not been stuck just getting married but that was not available at the time for women.

4. LOL! Yup, I'm really miserable having more opportunities than my mother did. You are naive.

5. Yes, he is a chavanist basically. Men should encourage their partners to have back up plans and their own lives vs. being completely financially dependent on them.

6. Sure if both are happy, I suppose that's cool

7. It depends. If she has a back up plan and chose to stay home, I don't view her as less. If she has no back up (just in case hubby isn't bringing home the bacon anymore for whatever reason), then she's a moron and I don't feel sorry for her when the $hit hits the fan.

8. Depends....is she truly looking to give her children what she feels is best or is she a gold digger looking to be taken care of?

Now, I have a question for you.

Let's say in 10 years you and your wife divorce. Are you going to have a problem giving her half of everything you have (including your pension)? Let's say she takes off with some 25 year old stallion....are you going to be ok just giving her alimony and half of everything or are you going to be saying what a
b!tch she is for taking you for everything you have???? Hmmmmmm.....don't lie now.

Whoops...I guess all those questions were for FlyUnited. Sorry, I am so used to him attacking me that I just started to type away.....

1. Oh, of course not....men are NEVER the problem :rolleyes:

Your sarcasm indicates that men are the problem. Until you take control of your choices you will continue to blame others... let's see what kind of trend we can find...

2. Aaaah yes....the original title of the thread that you helped hijack. The original poster was asking "does it work"?

Correct... I am advocating children before sociopolitical and economic wants. And by that I don't mean women must stay at home. Only a spouse should stay at home.

And you have advocated wants before needs of the kids. You don't like my opinions on the matter so you declare I am uninvited and butting in...

You don't have a spouse in the airline industry

False... you don't know what you speak of....

so you really cannot answer the question but you had to get on here and flap your yap about your idealisms that she wasn't even asking about.

Wrong again. I know exactly what I am talking about. You are the one trying to find solutions within the "you can have it all" mantra

3. Are you really that naive that you just blindly believe what a stupid survey (that can be swayed) says? I'm sure women were much happier being under the complete control of their husbands....NOT!

Complete control? Again, you refuse to accept repsonsibility. Egor the trend? Women had plenty of choice. They chose to redefine womens role in American society. And they are still in a quagmire. Still men's fault? (trend?) Women have had carte blanc to do what they want to do and its still overwhelming..

It is easy to blame men... blame someone else..

Interestingly, my mom and many other women from the last generation have complained to me how they could have gotten an education and not been stuck just getting married but that was not available at the time for women.

Why? Stuck getting married? Was she forced to marry? Was she forced to marry a specific person? Could she have choosen not to marry and go to college? Please elaborate on this??

4. LOL! Yup, I'm really miserable having more opportunities than my mother did. You are naive.

More choice and opportunity means more responsibility... you've got allot of responsibilty on the way...

5. Yes, he is a chavanist basically. Men should encourage their partners to have back up plans and their own lives vs. being completely financially dependent on them.

Again, you refuse to accept responsibility. If a husband wants a wife homemaker, and finds one and she wants to stay at home, he is a chauvanist. Your victim status that you create is unreal.

Financially independent means ready to eject. it doesn't promote commitment... Some people make choices and accept thier own responsibility for themselves. (trend?).

6. Sure if both are happy, I suppose that's cool

But he is still a chauvanist?

7. It depends. If she has a back up plan and chose to stay home, I don't view her as less. If she has no back up (just in case hubby isn't bringing home the bacon anymore for whatever reason), then she's a moron and I don't feel sorry for her when the $hit hits the fan.

Not everyone lives in your world. Some women know how to make choices and take responsibility for themselves. They are smart enough to choose on their own accord, a compatable mate.

8. Depends....is she truly looking to give her children what she feels is best or is she a gold digger looking to be taken care of?

Again your expeirence has scripted you... that love, marriage and divorce occur in specific paradigms. Not so... many women don't have the baggage that you do, thus they are free to make thier own choices and take repsonsibility for them... (trend?)

Now, I have a question for you.

Of course you do...

Let's say in 10 years you and your wife divorce. Are you going to have a problem giving her half of everything you have (including your pension)?

I don't have a pension...but yes. Iv'e got a meager 401k. She's got a IRA that she started too, all in her name.

Let's say she takes off with some 25 year old stallion....

A real stud with male implants... I mean this guy is 'show' material...

are you going to be ok just giving her alimony and half of everything or are you going to be saying what a
b!tch she is for taking you for everything you have????

I've always felt that if I called my wife a b!tch that was a reflection of my choice in a spouse. In addition, I've got rights to call my wife a b!tch or moron before anyone else and that includes you.

Again, the goal isn't to dwell on escape plans. I know that is a reality in your world, but I work to make the mariage work. I do the best I can to serve my wife. To make sure her needs are met. Communication and not taking her for granted are pieces to the puzzle. Working for success is better than dwelling on escape plans.

If she leaves with the stallion then I will take care of my moral, legal and financial reposnibilites...

Hmmmmmm.....don't lie now.

I won't if you won't...

So you are going to have a baby. The gift of life is not to be questioned..

Let's say you come home form a trip and the Dear Jane Letter reads...

Dear Mega

"Can't take it anymore, the baby is next door at the neighbors, I am outta here (which includes moving out of state). Signed "Not your Manbot anymore"

Now.. what are you going to do Mega? You are a single, unwed, mother who flies multi-day trips? Your legal rights to obligate him are less due to the unmarried status. Hopefully you can do out and backs in SDF? But even so.. the demands of a single parent even with kids in school are high... what is the plan before the child goes to public/private school?

Now you are big into back up plans... (if I were in your shoes I'd seek legal council).....so what is it?

Your sarcasm indicates that men are the problem. Until you take control of your choices you will continue to blame others... let's see what kind of trend we can find...

You say reasoning with me is like reasoning with a barking dog.

Reasoning with you is like reasoning with a rock.

You make assumptions based on what I say so now you say I blame others yet you BLAME EVERYTHING ON THE FEMINIST MOVEMENT.

Pot meet kettle.

More choice and opportunity means more responsibility... you've got allot of responsibilty on the way...

Well, unlike some people, ahem, I can multitask and handle a lot of responsibility. It sounds like you can't so you say others can't either.

Your victim status that you create is unreal.

Financially independent means ready to eject. it doesn't promote commitment... Some people make choices and accept thier own responsibility for themselves. (trend?).

Victim status??? :confused:

So in your little one task at a time world you cannot be committed to someone and independent at the same time? Once again, sorry you can't walk and chew gum but I can.

Not everyone lives in your world. Some women know how to make choices and take responsibility for themselves. They are smart enough to choose on their own accord, a compatable mate.

Uh, I advocate taking responsibility for myself.

Trying to find someone to "take care of you" financially is not taking responsibility for yourself. It's being irresponsible.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back