• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
capt. megadeth said:
1. Live below your means

2. Save money so you have at least 6 months funding

3. Don't have a baby unless you have #2

4. Marry someone that can carry the load (ie. HAS A FRIGGIN CAREER or income potential) if you ever can't (ie. strike)

Sorry, I don't buy the "I am a scab because I needed to put food on the table" b.s. Should've had a back up plan.
Capt M.,

Beautiful. Simply beautiful.

How did we miss you?

:)

Buckaroo said:
Everyone knows that SWA is the holy grail for pilots.
we are going to put everyone else out of business after we get the Wright Ammendment repealed.

Nice
:rolleyes:

T-Gates said:
Back to 2005, my real dilemma is this...

... , I would never cross a picket line...so if presented with that situation, I would most definately refuse the trip and most likely loose my job.

Mabye you can see where I am coming from now....
I know exactly where you're coming from, and I appreciate the difficulty of the situation. I also see that you know the right thing to do, and I applaud you for it. I would hope that there would be an outpouring of support, financial and otherwise, to make you whole in such an event. I don't think you're the type of person that could live with yourself if you did the wrong thing.

Realizing what difficulties might lie ahead, I recommend you take your concerns to your union leaders now. Your union should let your company know ahead of time, in no uncertain terms, that you cannot fly struck freight. While you have a no-strike clause, you can't cross somebody else's picket line. It would be immoral. Save them the embarrassment of having an airplane on the ramp that they can't move, and maybe things will go a little more smoothly.

Just a thought...

WillowRunVortex said:
She's female

You guys dont play well with girls

BTW I now realize your FDX not UPS
I know she's female.

I know I'm FedEx.

I know you thought I was UPS.

The last I checked, we had a larger percentage of women than any other major.

Was there a point here somewhere? :)

TonyC said:
I know exactly where you're coming from, and I appreciate the difficulty of the situation. I also see that you know the right thing to do, and I applaud you for it. I would hope that there would be an outpouring of support, financial and otherwise, to make you whole in such an event. I don't think you're the type of person that could live with yourself if you did the wrong thing.

Realizing what difficulties might lie ahead, I recommend you take your concerns to your union leaders now. Your union should let your company know ahead of time, in no uncertain terms, that you cannot fly struck freight. While you have a no-strike clause, you can't cross somebody else's picket line. It would be immoral. Save them the embarrassment of having an airplane on the ramp that they can't move, and maybe things will go a little more smoothly.

Just a thought...

Hey T-Gates, what he essentially said is good luck to ya,,,maybe he'll invite ya over to a BBQ somtime when your homeless. I hear Murray is hiring in their SAAB,,,wait a min they might go down to SDF too, sh1t.

LOL,,,what A FRIGGEN JOKE

better yet maybe explain to wife and kids why "daddy doesnt work anymore cause he walked off HIS job to save another much more profitable company and to make those guys more money."

TonyC is clueless

Last edited:
TonyC said:
Capt M.,

How did we miss you?

:)

With an obviously intelligent, well-thought out and developed screening and hiring process that would preclude her "type" from ever gracing one of your cockpits.

Yank McCobb said:
With an obviously intelligent, well-thought out and developed screening and hiring process that would preclude her "type" from ever gracing one of your cockpits.

And what "type" would I be?

capt. megadeth said:
And what "type" would I be?
Yeah, what type would that be?

And, hey, I told her to send me a photo, err, I mean resume, and I'd pitch in a recommendation, but, alas, she never sent me any photo, err, I mean resume. :)

:D

;)

Latest resources

Back