• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

To ALL UNITED pilots courtesy of ALL UAX carriers and their pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
IOW, if you control your jumpseat, then write your own computer code with your priority list..for the OO jumpseat. When pilots show up to j/s on OO then have the gate agent access your own in house program. And/or us PIC authority.[/qoute]

I do control the use of the jumpseat on my aircraft. All the way up to denying an FAA inspector or Secret Service member if I think that I could justify it. We only use the Apollo computer right now to sort jumpseat requests because that has, for the most part, worked for everyone in past. Now because of a request from the UAL MEC to attain a "higher" than agreed to priority on a few UAX carriers, the other UAX pilots have been placed at a disadvantage on their own aircraft.

If this is not resovled by Aug 1st, it would be the easiest thing to take your suggestion and start a new standalone jumpseat procedure for UAX flights in the UAL system. Simply have the agent print an OMC card for everyone and send them all to the captain. Easy as pie! All pilots would be aware of this new program and would be on the "correct" footing while meeting the PIC. If the UAL guy can hold a non-rev seat in the back, great! If it's full, the Captain will decide who will ride up front.

When did UAL MEC ask to have higher priority on UAX aircraft? Where is your documentation or proof that the MEC asked for priority over UAX pilots on UAX aircraft? If this is true then why was it approved?

DOesn't look good after reading the LEC update yesterday.

Jumpseat War possibilty just went up a few notches.

This is the attitude that prevails at the mainline and at ALPA national....Looks like war to me.....

Hey pipe....my job doesn't exist at your pleasure and you don't control $h!t...........

If this doesn't get fixed, I will start denying UAL jumpseaters also....

I didn't say it existed at my pleasure -- didn't even imply that. It does exist at the pleasure of the mainline carrier - you cannot reasonably argue that point. Hell, the jobs of the mainline pilots exist at the pleasure of the mainline carrier. Why is it so hard for you to accept that your employer is a SUBcontractor of another employer?

Whatever color the sky is in your world, I can promise you that sh!t still rolls downhill and will continue to do so until the end of time.

PIPE

When did UAL MEC ask to have higher priority on UAX aircraft? Where is your documentation or proof that the MEC asked for priority over UAX pilots on UAX aircraft? If this is true then why was it approved?
1. Over a year ago.
2. Proof is that he got it at TSA and GoJet(hence the K1 status). Documents show the MEC wanted UAL pilots to go next after company pilots, but before everyone else.
3. It was approved because he asked for it from all the carriers, UAL management asked TSA and GoJet's management and they said fine with us. The other UAX carriers said "No". Now they are K2 and L status.

All of this is fine. But the software UAL is using (that the MEC request changed) is not recognizing that the different UAX carriers are NOT a mainline flight. It has the "bonus effect" of getting some UAL pilots into the jumpseat on some UAX flights that they would otherwise be bummed by an online company pilot.

If I were the MEC I'd be dragging my feet also because this doesn't hurt any mainline guys. If it only affects UAX pilots, oh well. However if/when he starts getting phone calls from his pilots that didn't make it home because of this, he may then be "motivated" to help fix it. Well see.

Last edited:
1. Over a year ago.
2. Proof is that he got it at TSA and GoJet(hence the K1 status). Documents show the MEC wanted UAL pilots to go next after company pilots, but before everyone else.
3. It was approved because he asked for it from all the carriers, UAL management asked TSA and GoJet's management and they said fine with us. The other UAX carriers said "No". Now they are K2 and L status.

All of this is fine. But the software UAL is using (that the MEC request changed) is not recognizing that the different UAX carriers are NOT a mainline flight. It has the "bonus effect" of getting some UAL pilots into the jumpseat on some UAX flights that they would otherwise be bummed by an online company pilot.

If I were the MEC I'd be dragging my feet also because this doesn't hurt any mainline guys. If it only affects UAX pilots, oh well. However if/when he starts getting phone calls from his pilots that didn't make it home because of this, he may then be "motivated" to help fix it. Well see.

This stuff is really not relevant. Seems everyone agrees that there is a problem but would rather debate about the history of the issue instead of working to resolve the issue itself.

If you are a UAL pilot and have communicated to your MEC to fix it please speak up.

Just was in the United crew room yesterday...alot of talk about the "jumpseat war"....most guys are saying not a good fight to start. I would investigate another option of fixing this problem.
You are going to be starting something that WILL be handed right back to you. There are better options. Just my advice.

Just was in the United crew room yesterday...alot of talk about the "jumpseat war"....most guys are saying not a good fight to start. I would investigate another option of fixing this problem.
You are going to be starting something that WILL be handed right back to you. There are better options. Just my advice.

Hmmm, maybe we could hire some computer hackers to break into their computer system and fix it? No, I still think that asking UAL pilots to help out and contact their MEC is a better option.

Hmmm, maybe we could hire some computer hackers to break into their computer system and fix it? No, I still think that asking UAL pilots to help out and contact their MEC is a better option.

I don't know about the rest of the UAL pilots, but I was never "asked to help." I did, however, get an ultimatum shoved down my throat. Judging by the latest LEC notes, UAX has two options. Withdraw, or press forward at their own peril.

So its UEX fault that you were not asked to help the last 1.5 years????Hummm who's faults that?
Now UEX decided to go to the Pilots and ask for help....A MONTHS in TIME HELP. And you B$itch and Moan???????
WHAT DO YOU WANT????
You can't argue and have it both ways!
How about Option #3
Don't email me back here at FI! email you IT Dept and fix the problem...........or are you part of the problem?

Doing the right thing notwithstanding, if it helps UAL pilots get to work, it might get fixed. Or, perhaps, when UAL is bumping revenue pax to NRPS folks to work, they too will see an advantage to fixing the problem. Then again, being UAL MGT, maybe not.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back