• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

To ALL UNITED pilots courtesy of ALL UAX carriers and their pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I do not believe any of us (UAL) has a problem getting bumped off a jumpseat by a pilot or dispatcher that works for said airline. It's just common sense.

...You would think so, but even PCL128 says mainline pilots should have priority non-reving on express aircraft....I doubt he is alone.....

I do not believe any of us (UAL) has a problem getting bumped off a jumpseat by a pilot or dispatcher that works for said airline. It's just common sense.

We've all been around long enough to know that not everyone is on board with common sense. I can honestly say that most UAL guys I commute beside to work are stand up people, however I can think of two that would never back down once given the jumpseat. They are the reason for this display of hostility.

I can honestly say that most UAL guys I commute beside to work are stand up people, ....

Agreed. The UAL pilots go out of their way every day for commuters. I hope they know that not all of us are on board with these tactics and that I will certainly welcome them with the same hospitality.

One of these days, the leadership will speak for the majority.

We've all been around long enough to know that not everyone is on board with common sense. I can honestly say that most UAL guys I commute beside to work are stand up people, however I can think of two that would never back down once given the jumpseat. They are the reason for this display of hostility.

A small percentage of pilots treat agents like crap, ruin it for the rest of us. A small percentage of pilots talk down to flight att., ruin it for the rest of us. A small percentage of pilots have no common sense when it comes to jumpseat protical, ruin it for the rest of us. This entire thread is devoted to that small percentage of idiots on both the major and regional sides.

If it's a software glitch, then have the Captains get off their asses in the meantime and go sort it out at the gate if need be.

It's the Capt's jumpseat, not the friggin' computer program's jumpseat or the gate agent's jumpseat.

Bite the bullet in the meantime until the glitch can be fixed and sort it out correctly for yourselves.

I have to laugh at people like PCL_128. Why would you take issue with the Go-Jets guys? Atleast they had the b@lls to take a stand with the rest of us, unlike the weenies at Trans mistakes!
There is a heated debate about this on our pilot web-board and, to be honest the JSC has been trying to get this resolved for a long time, but UA ALPA isn't really trying to get it changed (despite having SIGNED an agreement to the contrary).

The vast majority of RAH pilots truely do not want a JS p!ssing match, as we know that the average UAL pilot has been thru alot recently and it's getting worse for them. BTW, I can honestly say that every UAL pilot whom I've witnessed requesting the JS, has been extremely courteous and professional.

This "glitch" had been going on for 2 years and people are finely fed up with it. These UAX carriers have asked time and time again to have it fix with no results.

Eaglesview the letter was intended to educate UA line pilots on the current problem not in anyway start a jumpseat war. The intended consequences were set to affect change. Hopefully you guys voice your concerns to the MEC and this can be changed. Just like you said commen sense would give priority to the company pilot on the jumpseat.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back