• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

To ALL UNITED pilots courtesy of ALL UAX carriers and their pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't think so. ( I could be wrong) When United changed the boarding priority on UAX (pass riding) this got caught up in it. Getting UAL to change the program is the problem.

So did United pilots want non-rev priority on Express flights too? Any UAX folks want to chime in this....?

For the record I do not agree with my own words. I was pissed at the arrogance of using the jumpseat as a weapon/political tool and pissed at the apathy of UAL’s management.

Why at UAL management? UAL MEC was the first to make this change and UAL management agreed to it.

I don't think so. ( I could be wrong) When United changed the boarding priority on UAX (pass riding) this got caught up in it. Getting UAL to change the program is the problem.

Initially the carriers went to UAL management but were then told to go talk to UAL MEC they were the ones that wanted the change. We are here today because the UAL MEC did not want to change the prioity back.

Initially the carriers went to UAL management but were then told to go talk to UAL MEC they were the ones that wanted the change. We are here today because the UAL MEC did not want to change the prioity back.

Even your own UAX management disagrees with this. I talked with a friend who is in flt ops management at one of the large UAX carriers, and he claims that this is just a software issue on UAL's part. The UAL MEC may not be actively lobbying to fix it, but the problem apparently didn't originate with them.

Even your own UAX management disagrees with this. I talked with a friend who is in flt ops management at one of the large UAX carriers, and he claims that this is just a software issue on UAL's part. The UAL MEC may not be actively lobbying to fix it, but the problem apparently didn't originate with them.

....Sure it didn't....It's well known that mainline pilots think they own all the seats on the express aircraft....They got caught....Now they need to fix it or suffer the consequences......

Then please tell everyone what is the way to fix this.
This is the only way the UAL pilots will listen and trust me they will listen and It will get fixed!

Isn't it sort of Bush League to show up for a flight at someone else's airline and think that you have priority over their own pilot? Regardless of what the CSA is saying? Where is the captain's authority in this? It is a glitch. I can't see a mainline guy being PO'd if he/she is a reasonable person if they are second to a pilot riding on their own carrier!

Isn't this sort of making a mountain out a moll hill? I wonder how many times this comes up on a daily basis.

I would just like to see the mainline guy (and I am one) that tries to pull rank on me if I am trying to jumpseat on my own regional carrier. Sometimes you just have to do the right thing. Is this really as big an issue as it sounds?

How about have the express captains ask the gate agents for the list of those who want to jumpseat whenever they bring the paperwork or when the captain goes to the gate. Then let the Captain settle it with who they want on their airplane in the agreed to order. Maybe this will slow things down enough and make enough flights late that management will decide to fix the problem themselves so that flights are a bit more on time. Just my ignorant thoughts on the matter- haven't been a Captain for a couple of years and I don't know if the system could be gotten around in this way or not in todays times. Sounds like a raw deal, but full blown jump seat denial seems pretty nuclear- lose/ lose to me.

So did United pilots want non-rev priority on Express flights too? Any UAX folks want to chime in this....?

NO the priority on UAX for us UAL'rs was based on time of check in. The change was to base the UAL employee’s priority amongst ourselves based on DOH.

I do not believe any of us (UAL) has a problem getting bumped off a jumpseat by a pilot or dispatcher that works for said airline. It's just common sense.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back