• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

To ALL UNITED pilots courtesy of ALL UAX carriers and their pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A small percentage of pilots treat agents like crap, ... talk down to flight att., ...have no common sense when it comes to jumpseat protical, ruin it for the rest of us. ....

Best post I've read in a while. The problem is - some of them are in charge.

ahh-one of the multiple problems w/ scope being released at all.

You guys talking as if you are true separate carriers is amazing-- guarantee management sits around thinking of ways they can get you to fight each other.... More division.... = More cuts.... eventually.

Personally- as much as the UAL pilots have disenfranchised the junior pilots in their own seniority group- which are about to get furloughed again... and the junior pilots of the whole industry as they release scope OVER AND OVER... I hope a good lot of them get denied.

What UAALPA should be doing is figuring out how to get ALL UAX pilots on one list... b/c this current setup DOES NOT WORK.

EAGLESVIEW- just know every time you think about posting... every vote where you had a chance to get scope under control-- every time you voted right wing-- every time you undermined a long term vision of your union.... you set up this situation. (And your own eventual paycuts and pension loss)

Oh-- and next time you taxi past a turboprop-- wave to the best pilot in your view. They are held to a higher standard and put in worse situations, under much worse schedules and contracts... you either forgot where you came from or had a silver spoon up your a$$ most of your career--- but let that 'i'm better than you' idea go... It's a delusion at best. You've positioned yourself well in the short term... that's all you accomplished. Fly a month w/ a Colgan or GLA pilot and you'll gain a new respect. I'm glad you apologized (kind of...)... but i'm bored w/ letting a comment like that slide. My entire generation is DONE rolling over for any of you shortsighted, no leadership pricks.

For the record I do not agree with my own words. I was pissed at the arrogance of using the jumpseat as a weapon/political tool and pissed at the apathy of UAL’s management.

Thanks. Much appreciated.

For the record, I have never had a problem with any mainline guys. Just Sunday night I was trying to get home from ORD. A couple of UAL guys worked hard to make sure it happened. I ended up front on the 320 with one of the mainline guys. He insisted I take the "good" center seat. The FO was on his 3rd flight of IOE, was talking about going back into trucking. Had an "F"date of september 3rd.

Good luck to all.

-JP

and one of these days regional pilots will grow a set of balls and stand up for what is right.
And one of these days certain posters will stop generalizing and realize that the term "nutless wonder" applies to more than just regional pilots.

If the shoe fits...

This "glitch" had been going on for 2 years and people are finely fed up with it. These UAX carriers have asked time and time again to have it fix with no results.

Eaglesview the letter was intended to educate UA line pilots on the current problem not in anyway start a jumpseat war. The intended consequences were set to affect change. Hopefully you guys voice your concerns to the MEC and this can be changed. Just like you said commen sense would give priority to the company pilot on the jumpseat.

And you dopes think by doing this it won't start a war. Refer to your own document where you use the word DENY ALL. Quite frankly UAL MEC has got a lot more serious cr@p on their plate right now then RJ jumpseat priority.

Yes I'm sure a bone tired UAL guy trying to get home will seek support your cause after getting knocked off the last flight. The wife will understand as well and he'll seek to affect change as result of this positive event. Hopefully the captain that denies him has spiked highlights for added effect.

Might as well be honest and admit that if you don't get what you want it will be war. This is why you don't politicize the jumpseat or let management dictate the terms of its use. Brilliant idea to sow my discord around the all ready joyous house of UAL these days. Good luck...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Let's see, you're mad at UAL mgt., so you're going to deny the jumpseat to mainline pilots? Turning your jumpseat into a political weapon - against the wrong entity will accomplish what, exactly?

When I was a JSC, I was always mindful of not politicizing the jumpseat, inviting all air carrier pilots on board, with or without reciprocity - because that's just the right thing to do. We all (well, except for me, I'm on the street..) have to get to work somehow, and improving access should be our only focus.

If you have an issue with management, there is an appropriate venue to present it - NOT by burning a bridge with your mainline pilots.

EAGLESVIEW- just know every time you think about posting... every vote where you had a chance to get scope under control-- every time you voted right wing-- every time you undermined a long term vision of your union.... you set up this situation. (And your own eventual paycuts and pension loss)

Oh-- and next time you taxi past a turboprop-- wave to the best pilot in your view. They are held to a higher standard and put in worse situations, under much worse schedules and contracts... you either forgot where you came from or had a silver spoon up your a$$ most of your career--- but let that 'i'm better than you' idea go... It's a delusion at best. You've positioned yourself well in the short term... that's all you accomplished. Fly a month w/ a Colgan or GLA pilot and you'll gain a new respect. I'm glad you apologized (kind of...)... but i'm bored w/ letting a comment like that slide. My entire generation is DONE rolling over for any of you shortsighted, no leadership pricks.

First off you have know idea how I vote. You are wrong on every count in your first paragragh. Nice try though.

Second I do know where I came from. To say that I was held to a higher standard when I flew turbo-props for the commuters is a stretch. One level of safety for all I believe. As far as you (because I really doubt you speak for your entire generation) "being done rolling over" I really don't care.

By the way I will still be sure, if at all possible to get you on the jumpseat.

Latest resources

Back