Texas $1295 Multi Engine ???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Crabtree said:
I went there for my multi last week. I have never been treated the way I was there during my flight training, the customer service was excellent. I had Glen as my instructor. I flew in the night before and he picked me up from DFW and took me to the hotel. Next morning picked me up took me to the school, then offered me his own car everyday to go get lunch or whatever. After my checkride, I walked in and found out I could get home that day if could get to the DFW within an hour.....walked in asked how much a cab would cost, right then Clyde (working on a a/c) stopped what he was doing and said he was gonna take me. The school is legit, but if you dont intend on doing your part, dont go there as they expect you to want to do some studying.

Glad I could help with the Recommendation. It sounds like you had some fun! Refer them to others so they will stay in business for a long time. I also had Glen as my instructor nice person to deal with & easy to get along with. Clyde sure knows how to run a business.

Crabtree said:
OH and yes, Don did my checkride

I enjoyed my checkride with Don. He doesnt try to intimidate anyone or to do any stupid stuff. He wants you to succeed, and also seems to want you to come away from a checkride with him knowing more than you did before the ride. Doesnt ask meaningless stuff, or probing to find out what you dont know.

The business card I have says Clyde Frederickson Multiengine training is the name. If you look in the back of any flight training mag, aopa, flying mag, or other you will find their number. It is a Dallas 214 area code I beleive. They do not have a website. Based at Arlington Field though. Glad to hear Don is still flying. I had Clyde as my instructor for the multi and Glen for the ATP. Don did both checkrides. Super folks. . .I recommend them to everyone!

I did my multi there, several years ago, and can not say enough about what a great, positive, learning experience, it was. When ever someone asks me about Multi, I tell them to go see Clyde.

I did my Me and MEI there. I was fairly happy with the program. Don is a great guy and really wants you to well. He makes it a learning environment and has A LOT of knowedge that he tries to share. He is very safety minded and as long as you do not allow the airplane to go below blue line during failed engine sims and know the proceedures you will do fine. The travelaire is one of the easiest airplanes I have ever flown. Its like a 152 with two engines. I think I almost wore that mock up out going over the proceedures. Vmc, drag demo etc is pretty good. But it is what is, $1295 and you only get about 3hrs in the airplane. so don't expect 10 hrs of training, it is an add on so don't expect to get a lot of hours. It is pretty much self taught and they give you the books and you have to watch those crappy videos but follow the program and learn the flight proceedures and Don will be very fair. My only advice I will give anyone planning to go there...don't let them talk you into using any other examiner except Don. good luck to all...

Anyone know how much the ME is with the instrument/commercial add on? Id like to get it all done there at once. How long does this normally take if i do my home work. Im just looking for the total cost and time so i can seriously give this some thought and work out a schedule. Thanks

bobs98tlr said:
Anyone know how much the ME is with the instrument/commercial add on? Id like to get it all done there at once. How long does this normally take if i do my home work. Im just looking for the total cost and time so i can seriously give this some thought and work out a schedule. Thanks
It was $895 when i did it. . .i think its up to $1095 now.. . you should call and ask or look in the back of a magazine. Plus Don gets $250 for the examiners fee, might be $300 now. Its been a while since I was there. You can do it in two days if you are really good and the wx cooperates. Three days is pretty easy.

HangerRat said:
It was $895 when i did it. . .i think its up to $1095 now.. . you should call and ask or look in the back of a magazine. Plus Don gets $250 for the examiners fee, might be $300 now. Its been a while since I was there. You can do it in two days if you are really good and the wx cooperates. Three days is pretty easy.

Dude!!! Read the subject its up to $1295 + $300.00 for check ride.:laugh:

Latest resources

Back