• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Texas $1295 Multi Engine ???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ohh, by the way I had initially paid Clyde cash, but after looking at the front door, I noticed they take credit card. So he gave me my cash back and took my card (0% for a year why not).

Hey Bob, congrats on the new multi rating! Yeah, you got that right about Don and the airplanes...they have both seen alot. Don is the kind of guy I wish I had more time to chat with. I hope he lasts a few more years, so that when I go back down there to do my ATP he will be available.

Yea, I am planning on going there for my ATP also.

Do these folks fly 7 days a week? I was wondering because I was going to see if it would be possible to get down there on a Thursday night and be able to leave back out on Sunday night. I know weather would have a big influence in this, but does anyone think this is possible?

Yes its very possible. Like you said it depends on weather and the examiner. Everything else shouldnt be a problem. It took me 5 days start to finish only cause of the weather for one day and the examiner the other. Worked out pretty good.

Did anyone see that 13AW had to belly land in Arlington about 2 months ago? Anyone have any updated news on the plane?

This is my first post on this website, I found out about the forum from a friend because I needed info about the multi flight training in Arlington for 1295.00. I thought it was too good to be true most of the multi courses I have found were quite a bit more expensive. Thanks for all the good information, I will be scheduling my trip down there in a couple weeks.

I went there in November. Got my Multi on the 12th. I was expecting a lot more time in the birds. They did exactly what they said they would do. Listen, study, and don't touch the back of the airplanes (did I say oily) they teach you what you need to know.
Don (the Examiner) is awesome. You will learn more from him during the check ride than a year at any flight school.
The airplanes look a little rough but they fly well. And they GARUNTEE it no matter how much time you need. Go to Hooters in arlington they have free beer. That's the truth they don't have a liquor license. I am going to go back there in may for my commercial because they garuntee it. I know what it is going to cost and they won't drag it out.
It isn't fancy but you are treated very well and you will learn. Also check out harrison aviation, that is the fbo on the field in arlington. 7 Beautiful women work there. Some are on the harrison aviation website.

I went there in November. Got my Multi on the 12th. I was expecting a lot more time in the birds. They did exactly what they said they would do. Listen, study, and don't touch the back of the airplanes (did I say oily) they teach you what you need to know.
Don (the Examiner) is awesome. You will learn more from him during the check ride than a year at any flight school.
The airplanes look a little rough but they fly well. And they GARUNTEE it no matter how much time you need. Go to Hooters in arlington they have free beer. That's the truth they don't have a liquor license. I am going to go back there in may for my commercial because they garuntee it. I know what it is going to cost and they won't drag it out.
It isn't fancy but you are treated very well and you will learn. Also check out harrison aviation, that is the fbo on the field in arlington. 7 Beautiful women work there. Some are on the harrison aviation website.

Very good summary of what to expect..you can have it done in 3 days if weather holds out. The planes are rough for sure....but damn what a deal.

Don't stress at all. These guys will take care of you and make sure you know what you are doing in a twin. I think I only got about 4 hours in the plane. I know that does not sound like much, but you will feel comfortable during the checkride. The examiner is awesome. During my short field landing, I actually landed just beyond the threshold. The examiner had just told me to land about 1000 feet down the runway. I felt pretty stupid... but I passed. Good luck down there.

So it is $1295 for the Multi Com and Multi Inst for a grand total of $2500 or so??

Latest resources

Back