• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Texas $1295 Multi Engine ???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I recommend www.flywhiteair.com to get your multi or commercial or both.
I have been to both multi-engine training in texas and just recently I went to white air to get my Commercial multi, Hands down no camparison. Although both companies do what they say, I felt like I got much better training at white air. The chief instructor is awesome. They are in no rush for you to get qualified. The guys in texas want to rush you through in about 3-4 hours of actual flight time. White air was very generous, I got plenty of time, Quality time. I even got to get some actual IMC, they fly night or day, good or bad weather. You'll be a better pilot when you get done there.
PM me if you want more info.

WOW I just looked at the video. I think its the same guy that was my intructor there. I think his name is Johnnie Adams. I always was a little concerned about the condition of the planes there.

I asked about that video and they said that instructor has left since then. They didn't sound too thrilled when they talked about the guy either.

Well I just got done with this program... It is intense and a little crazy. But you do learn a lot and there is a method to the madness - although I have to admit I sure wondered sometimes. But the instruction is good and the checkride is no gimme. You do have to earn it, but if you're sharp and a hard worker, this is a good pretty good way to get it done quick and cheap. If you are going, pm me and I'll send you a scan of the V-speeds and profiles (courtesy of "Air 1" on this board). If you study these before you get there, you'll be ahead of the game. When you get there, spend your free time in the BE-95 mockup and you'll be pretty good to go.

The only problem I had was Clyde only had one of the three Travelairs flying. One had a gear up awhile back, and is apparently out of commision for who knows how long. The other one was in the midst of a generator to alternator conversion, and they were having all kinds of problems with this electrical system.

The third one was being used a lot, and definitely seeing some wear and tear. The mech fuel pumps were initially acting a little flaky, and I was a little concerned about that. But this was addressed and there were no other mechanical problems with that a/c. There was starting to be a backlog of people, but so far they seem to be able to get you through. I only had to stay one extra day, but my last day (today) was absolutely insane. But I did get through, and am now a Commercial Instrument MEL pilot for $1295. Hard to beat.

The other students at the school are some GREAT people, and I had a good time talking to everybody and made a couple of friends. There was even some crazy guy sleeping in his car in the parking lot while apparently working on his ME rating!

Don Scott no longer does checkrides (medical), but does the ground school class. Just don't argue with him about P-factor like I did! :) He's a great guy with a lot of knowledge.

Whatever you do, absolutely DO NOT stay at the "InTown Suites" off Cooper Street. The place is total WT and smells like cigarette smoke. My meth addict "neighbor" upstair got arrested my first night here.

Thanks to "Air 1" for sending me out the V-speeds and profiles before I went. They helped a lot!

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!

I just finished the course. Overall a great experience. They have a good system for getting your through your multi quickly, solid instruction. I started friday morning and just passed the checkride this morning (sunday). Price is now $1395 plus the examiner fee. The planes are bit clapped out and oil soaked, but they fly well... but it's quite a contrast to the sparkling new ATP seminols on the same ramp (where the rich kids go). Thanks for the recommendation.

Hey I might see you down there if the weather doesn't hold out again. I'm going to try and get it finished next week though. The motel that they recommend is a good one and you can't beat the price, $49.99 a night. It is the Quality Inn and probably a little over a mile or so away from the airport. Make sure when you call them tell them its for multi engine training, because the regular rates are around $95 bucks. It is a decent place to stay and a few eating joints within walking distance. The only tip I have is if you are flying into DFW, come in during a decent time where one of their instructors can come and pick you up. I had to fly in at 8 p.m. and had a terrible time trying to get to the motel. I even had reservations with the Yellow Checker people, but they ended up handing me off 3 different times and it is difficult trying to speak english to those folks. Not a good experience with the cabbies! Thats all I can think of for now. If you have any questions, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Better way... if you have to come in the evening stay at the days inn it's 1/2 way from DFW and GKY day in will pick at DFW and Drop you off at GKY in the morning. Costs $60.00 you will be fully rested and ready to fly/study. I go to GKY (Go Kill Yourself) to Ferry Cessna's from Vanbortal.

Video

Forgot to turn off electrical system? Beacon was still on. I did mine at Sheble's, airplanes sound about the same but the instruction sounds alot better.

Latest resources

Back