• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Texas $1295 Multi Engine ???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
this is kinda late.. lol... but I did mine at Traverse Air as well.. Very good instruction. I got mine done in 2 days! 1295$ for training and 200$ for ride. i did it in the summer and I got about 300-500fpm climb on one engine.. and they are the 160hp

this is kinda late.. lol... but I did mine at Traverse Air as well.. Very good instruction. I got mine done in 2 days! 1295$ for training and 200$ for ride. i did it in the summer and I got about 300-500fpm climb on one engine.. and they are the 160hp

I was thinking of going to Traverse Air for my seaplane!

Mei

I have considered the MEI training. Can anyone comment? I could do it with ATP here in ATL, but thought it might do some good to fly counter-rotating props. Any suggestions or comments on that? Also, what is the hotel prices around there and are there shuttles back to DFW or DAL with the hotels. Thanks in advance.

MEI $1295 + 350 checkride+1595. Then one would need meals, hotel, airfare (but I realize there is not a price on good training).

I'm trying to compare the course In Arlington cost wise to AllATP. ATP is 1795 plus $300-400 checkride fee. No hotel, or meals needed.

Last edited:
I have considered the MEI training. Can anyone comment? I could do it with ATP here in ATL, but thought it might do some good to fly counter-rotating props. Any suggestions or comments on that? Also, what is the hotel prices around there and are there shuttles back to DFW or DAL with the hotels. Thanks in advance.

MEI $1295 + 350 checkride+1595. Then one would need meals, hotel, airfare (but I realize there is not a price on good training).

I'm trying to compare the course In Arlington cost wise to AllATP. ATP is 1795 plus $300-400 checkride fee. No hotel, or meals needed.

$1295 + Examiner and the flight instructor most the time will pick you up at the whiten inn I think is about $50.00 a night or $60 a night with transportation to and from local places. Clyde or an instructor will pick you up in DFW also. Real bunch of nice people:beer:

I was thinking of going to Traverse Air for my seaplane!

I love reading your posts, they are so refeshing! You honestly love flying, no matter what it is in or what it takes to get the job done! It was because of people just like you that I got into the business. My mentor is a 60 plus retired military/regional guy (no non-sense guy) and for some reason I think that you know someone that has been around the same "game" and you listened to them.

You honestly love flying, no matter what it is in or what it takes to get the job done!

Yes, I really love flying I live and breathe it sometimes it's better then playing with female humans

It was because of people just like you that I got into the business. My mentor is a 60 plus retired military/regional guy (no non-sense guy) and for some reason I think that you know someone that has been around the same "game" and you listened to them.

Correct, I have a few people I talk to "in person" most are not internet savvy or know how to use computer. The one that got me in to the ferrying really don't know how many hours he really has in GA airplanes so he guessed about 50,000+!! He has done lost his medical! I take him flying every time I get the chance to and he is always passing on info and teaching me new things. Anytime I have a question he is more than willing to give me a straight answer or tells me to fly down pick him up and shows me he still loves to fly and if he don't know he usually knows someone in the area that dose.

I think everyone should find them self an old timer that has more hours then they can keep track of in the type of flying you wish to do. Most are happy to pass on the knowledge to us youngsters that have a passion for flying because most know they cannot take it with them where they are going.

I just got back from Texas, and finished my multi with Clyde's program. I would highly recommend this program to anyone. The travelairs are a bit rough, but alot of fun to fly. Don did my checkride and was by far the best examiner I have ever dealt with. He really has a strong desire to make sure that when you get your multi, you know what you are doing, and really understand VMC. I went there with a buddy and got the course for $1195. Don charges $350 currently. I live in Indiana, but the trip down there was still very much worth it.

I just got back from Texas, and finished my multi with Clyde's program. I would highly recommend this program to anyone. The travelairs are a bit rough, but alot of fun to fly. Don did my checkride and was by far the best examiner I have ever dealt with. He really has a strong desire to make sure that when you get your multi, you know what you are doing, and really understand VMC. I went there with a buddy and got the course for $1195. Don charges $350 currently. I live in Indiana, but the trip down there was still very much worth it.

I am glad you had a great time no go enjoy that muti ticket!

Mocoman...i started a day after you and your buddy left.

First day consistes of a couple of things....go over the POH and systems. Watch some videos....weight and balance stuff, critical engine stuff, Vmc...blah. The basic stuff. After all that is done you go to the "mock-up" its the a travelair cockpit that you sit in to get comfy with the location of stuff. Once that is done you go take one around the pattern a few times. Go home and read over manuvers, systems, Factors of Vmc, critical engine stuff...

Second day, fly in the morning.....mock oral, go over performance charts, fly in the afternoon. If everything is good then your ready for the check ride.

I had mine done in two days and on the 3rd day the weather was crap so from start to finish for me was 4 and half days only cause of weather and scheduling problems. I stayed with friends and family since i grew up in the area. I live in northern Illiniois so i just got home a week after i have left. I had a lot of other things going on as well so i stayed for a week....plus i totalled my car on the way to O'hare last week.....i said screw it and left anyways. Glad i did.

Don Scott does the check rides, him and the airplanes are in pretty rough shape but dang are they both great. the planes are old, what do you expect for $1295? They fly GREAT....start right up all the time, they do spit out a lot of oil though. Don has a lot of experiance and he does want to see you do well and truly understand the importance of the critical engine and Vmc. Fly the airplane well and pass the manuvers and he will discuss some of his knowledge with you.

I recommend it, come ready and willing with cash, do your part and you will be done in no time.

Hey Bob, congrats on the new multi rating! Yeah, you got that right about Don and the airplanes...they have both seen alot. Don is the kind of guy I wish I had more time to chat with. I hope he lasts a few more years, so that when I go back down there to do my ATP he will be available.

Latest resources

Back