• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA/ALPA negotiate settlement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry, obadie, but the staple promise is an established fact. That's why the junior SWA pilots were so angry that the proposed SLI was not a complete staple. You can read about it on your own SWA pilots' message board.

What do you continue to call it a staple when it was not. I will admit it's a moot point, but you need to be more honest and forthright.

The drama created by emotional statements are misleading, factually incorrect and frankly Immature.

If I need to define a staple, I will be more than happy to. I'm giving you more respect than that and the benefit of the doubt.

CaptWidgeon, I think your argument here needs to be with your own SWA pilots. I'm simply repeating what they posted about SWAPA having no intentions of really negotiating even though they invited the AT team back to Dallas ostensibly for that purpose. If you disagree, you need to talk to them, not me.

More importantly, your above post is in poor taste. You should not be posting actual names of anonymous members here.

Last edited:
What do you continue to call it a staple when it was not. I will admit it's a moot point, but you need to be more honest and forthright.

The drama created by emotional statements are misleading, factually incorrect and frankly Immature.

If I need to define a staple, I will be more than happy to. I'm giving you more respect than that and the benefit of the doubt.
I think you misunderstand me. I am in no way suggesting that trying to negotiate a staple was unethical or dishonest; if that was what SWAPA wanted to negotiate, that is their right. But I confess that I am surprised that they would openly promise a staple to their pilots and stir them up in support of it, with such a poor chance of actually achieving it. Now, having promised a staple or near-staple and being unable to deliver, they have backed themselves into a corner and have to deal with their own angry pilots who understandably want to know why SWAPA did not deliver on the promise.

Once again, ignoring the questions that point out the spin, while spinning the agenda!

Poor form!

Spinning the agenda?

No, I don't think so. I am simply answering questions as they come to me, and asking a few of my own. And, I might add, without resorting to invective or name-calling, unlike some of the more radical SWA members here and their crude sycophants like Andy.

I think you misunderstand me. I am in no way suggesting that trying to negotiate a staple was unethical or dishonest; if that was what SWAPA wanted to negotiate, that is their right. But I confess that I am surprised that they would openly promise a staple to their pilots and stir them up in support of it, with such a poor chance of actually achieving it. Now, having promised a staple or near-staple and being unable to deliver, they have backed themselves into a corner and have to deal with their own angry pilots who understandably want to know why SWAPA did not deliver on the promise.

My friend you are wrong in your thoughts. SWAPA and AT MC have all the data that supports or did support the SL9. I think this is all strategy ( both sides ) that will play out via the PA.

Sorry, obadie, but the staple promise is an established fact. That's why the junior SWA pilots were so angry that the proposed SLI was not a complete staple. You can read about it on your own SWA pilots' message board.

Like I said it's false. Why would you believe anything off this forum or any other forum. I've read every email from our union and not one stated a staple. Don't confuse emotion with facts.

Show me this "established fact"....just because a anonymous poster says so that's not fact.

Last edited:
Spinning the agenda?

No, I don't think so. I am simply answering questions as they come to me, and asking a few of my own. And, I might add, without resorting to invective or name-calling, unlike some of the more radical SWA members here and their crude sycophants like Andy.

Hypocrite, and you are still dodging every question you can't spin into an anti-SWAPA agenda.

CaptWidgeon, I think your argument here needs to be with your own SWA pilots. I'm simply repeating what they posted about SWAPA having no intentions of really negotiating even though they invited the AT team back to Dallas ostensibly for that purpose. If you disagree, you need to talk to them, not me.

More importantly, your above post is in poor taste. You should not be posting actual names of anonymous members here.

in any organization you're going to have your 2, or 5 or 10%'s, who you listen to to make your point makes a difference. did we have a few say a staple was the only way, not gonna say it didn't happen, but to paint swapa's/all swa pilots, or more importantly our negotiating committee, with the brush that this is what we went into negotiations with is disingenuous. i'm sure there is an aai pilot who thinks your number one should be the combined number 2, or heck, number 1 even, but i wouldn't then say aai pilots all have that opinion, much less that's what the NC went in looking for. but that's just me. the info above, that comes from those who are at the table. at least our BoD was willing to let us take part in the system, thanks to alpa none of us get to help direct our future.

or does it. you are familiar with our sl8?

and as far as outing anyone, i honestly have no idea if any of the above people are on this forum. we have a thread with the name of our union pres in it, is that in bad taste? i don't think so. now, if you say john doe, aka pilot joe on fi, that's different.

Latest resources

Back