SWAPA/ALPA negotiate settlement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

GuppyWN

That's the headline in the next week or two. I've heard the ALPA MEC is going to be pressured/recalled by a grassroots gang that actually wants a say in their future.

I have zero doubt (ok maybe a little) that the AAI MEC knows they have one shot left. Thus, with the 3 parties agreeing to sit down next week - I see a deal. Nobody wants arbitration because of the uncertainty.

Relax fellas.
Gup

Gup,

I believe all three parties agreed that a deal outside of Arby was the best deal for all. Lets keep are fingers crossed.

That's the headline in the next week or two. I've heard the ALPA MEC is going to be pressured/recalled by a grassroots gang that actually wants a say in their future.

I have zero doubt (ok maybe a little) that the AAI MEC knows they have one shot left. Thus, with the 3 parties agreeing to sit down next week - I see a deal. Nobody wants arbitration because of the uncertainty.

Relax fellas.
Gup

And in 2 weeks, you'll once again post "Wow. Just wow." followed by "It's ON.". Then the same posted in Nov once the Arby's menu is printed.

And in 2 weeks, you'll once again post "Wow. Just wow." followed by "It's ON.". Then the same posted in Nov once the Arby's menu is printed.

This coming from a guy who is directly involved in said meetings. You should step down.

Gup,
I don't think the recalls are going to succeed. The pressure of a potential recall will be there though. I hope they find a solution that both sides can say - We can live with that.

I know many of you use this forum to post your inner feelings, but when all is said and done, we will all work together as family. My brother and I don't always see eye to eye, but we work it out because in the end we do truly care about what happens to each other. That is how I am looking at this situation. It is now a family squabble that will be resolved and then we will return to doing what we do best, protecting each other and caring for our company. I believe that cooler heads will prevail and this will be resolved. Those who oppose this view will find themselves in the minority and continue to be miserable. I feel sorry for you if that is how you choose to live your life. Remember life is short and you should try to live each day to it's fullest.

I know many of you use this forum to post your inner feelings, but when all is said and done, we will all work together as family. My brother and I don't always see eye to eye, but we work it out because in the end we do truly care about what happens to each other. That is how I am looking at this situation. It is now a family squabble that will be resolved and then we will return to doing what we do best, protecting each other and caring for our company. I believe that cooler heads will prevail and this will be resolved. Those who oppose this view will find themselves in the minority and continue to be miserable. I feel sorry for you if that is how you choose to live your life. Remember life is short and you should try to live each day to it's fullest.

Viva la France, Oldmanpilot, viva la France!

OYS

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back