• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA/ALPA negotiate settlement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My Crystal ball says: No settlement, 14 to 18 months for aribitrators to get a list out. Both sides freak! Lawsuits get filed. GK continues to draw down AT side as economy stinks because all politicians are selfserving idiots. Everyone laments about what could have been. ALPA and FAPA go down as the making the biggest union blunders of the 21st century. All SWA guys are happy because nothing changed for them. Senior At guys are happy as they plug along with few life disruptions. The junior at guys that are on furlough working at Winn Dixie are shell shocked and speechless as Alpa tells them to sit tight for their Retro checks after the "lawsuit". And same people are still on FI spewing their rhetoric with the General reaching his 1,000,000 post and his alte ego OYS hitting 850,000 posts.

My Crystal ball says: No settlement, 14 to 18 months for aribitrators to get a list out. Both sides freak! Lawsuits get filed. GK continues to draw down AT side as economy stinks because all politicians are selfserving idiots. Everyone laments about what could have been. ALPA and FAPA go down as the making the biggest union blunders of the 21st century. All SWA guys are happy because nothing changed for them. Senior At guys are happy as they plug along with few life disruptions. The junior at guys that are on furlough working at Winn Dixie are shell shocked and speechless as Alpa tells them to sit tight for their Retro checks after the "lawsuit". And same people are still on FI spewing their rhetoric with the General reaching his 1,000,000 post and his alte ego OYS hitting 850,000 posts.

That's exactly how this is going evolve. Except that Sybil (OYS) gets turned down at Winn-Dixie and ends up on the bottom of the list at Food Giant. She gets the EEOC to file a sex discrimination lawsuit against Winn-Dixie. In a rage, she takes out the General and starts up with Buck Private until she is committed......she only hits 650,000 posts because the nice men in the white jackets take away her IPad and give her crayons instead...

Sorry, couldn't resist. But in all seriousness, you are right. That is how it will go down.

Better polish up that crystal ball or stop smoking crack because you have ZERO ability to see into the future. Now, what you posted may be your best one-sided anti-ALPA guess, but it is far from reality.

Arbitration awards do not take 14-18 months, especially one as easy as this case is, meaning that there aren't multiple fleets involved. The award, based on the agreed upon timeline, should occur in late December or early January; that being about 4-6 weeks after arbitration talks conclude.

Oooooo, your Crystal ball must have 1080p because yours has a real sharp projection of December or January. Mine is an old Samsung rear projection unit. It is much better than the one used by the Wicked Witch but obvioulsy dated. Thanks for correcting me! And No I am not anti ALPA, I could care less who is represented by who. I guess my #'s about the General and OYS were spot on since no correction there.
P.s. Also no crack in my life but I did have two Bottingtons last night, Mmmmmmm, beer.

Outstanding Perspective

I know many of you use this forum to post your inner feelings, but when all is said and done, we will all work together as family. My brother and I don't always see eye to eye, but we work it out because in the end we do truly care about what happens to each other. That is how I am looking at this situation. It is now a family squabble that will be resolved and then we will return to doing what we do best, protecting each other and caring for our company. I believe that cooler heads will prevail and this will be resolved. Those who oppose this view will find themselves in the minority and continue to be miserable. I feel sorry for you if that is how you choose to live your life. Remember life is short and you should try to live each day to it's fullest.

Very nice post. :beer:

I'm sure FI will turn into another free for all when CAL/UAL integrate lists. I'm fortunate on that one. I'm halfway down the UAL furlough list. They can staple all of us UAL furloughees to the bottom of the combined list and it won't make my blood pressure rise. At this point, anything beyond that is gravy for me.

Oooooo, your Crystal ball must have 1080p because yours has a real sharp projection of December or January. Mine is an old Samsung rear projection unit. It is much better than the one used by the Wicked Witch but obvioulsy dated. Thanks for correcting me! And No I am not anti ALPA, I could care less who is represented by who. I guess my #'s about the General and OYS were spot on since no correction there.
P.s. Also no crack in my life but I did have two Bottingtons last night, Mmmmmmm, beer.

You and Sasha are NUTS, no correction necessary.

OYS

Funny coming from a chick that someone says has nuts.

I will just assume you have camel toe. :)[/]

Speaking again of your favorite subject, nuts, that's how you will feel when you see the eventual SLI. I can't wait to read your reaction. It's just a matter of time. You and Sasha can then go drown your feelings at that SWA bar near Hobby, and then make out. I don't care what you two want to do to each other, it's your life. Godspeed!

OYS

Latest resources

Back