• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA/ALPA negotiate settlement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
But get off of flightinfo and any other site that leads you to these discussions. PLEASE.

Listen to Bake. Shove your arrogance where the sun doesn't shine. You look like jackdonkeys.

Kharma Police

It's funny how you disappeared then voila!! Up pops Fubijaakr!!!

Schizophrenia is a wonderful affliction. You never run out of friends to talk to!!
:D (just for you!!)

i know im no expert given my experience level but from what i see the airtran guys are in a tough spot. the southwest guys offer a low offer that almost certainly will be turned down. as stated earlier the offers from here will be lower and lower which of course guarantees that it goes to arbitration. as soon as the seniority list is published the southwest guys move to cut the pay, vacation, and sick time of the airtran guys until their position becomes untenable. this is brilliant.

I think that another agreement will be made prior to arbitration. I think the seat protections of the junior captains will be gone. Allowances for SW f/O's to upgrade and anger will be calmed. Nobody wants this to go to arbitration. Nobody wants to see the culture destroyed. This CAN be resolved fairly.

I think that another agreement will be made prior to arbitration. I think the seat protections of the junior captains will be gone. Allowances for SW f/O's to upgrade and anger will be calmed. Nobody wants this to go to arbitration. Nobody wants to see the culture destroyed. This CAN be resolved fairly.

I hope you are right, I don't think anything good will come out of arbitration, reguardless of who gets a better deal. Binding or not, it will leave a scar the size of texas on this "culture". I don't fear arbitration for what it will or won't do for me, I fear arbitration because it means SWAPA, SWA, and ALPA left it out of their control. If SL-9 had not happened, then maybe arbitration would be accepted. But the minute ALPA and their FAB-7 (the Oracles of Airtran), voted SL-9 down without membership vote, the game changed. For the sake of the 1693 AT pilots (minus the FAB-7) and for the sake of this "culture" I hope it doesn't go to arbitration. If it does, one of the three mentioned (SWA, SWAPA, ALPA) will walk away not just upset, but furious. How do you intergrate a pilot group after that? It will seriously be a culture killer.

I hope you are right, I don't think anything good will come out of arbitration, reguardless of who gets a better deal. Binding or not, it will leave a scar the size of texas on this "culture". I don't fear arbitration for what it will or won't do for me, I fear arbitration because it means SWAPA, SWA, and ALPA left it out of their control. If SL-9 had not happened, then maybe arbitration would be accepted. But the minute ALPA and their FAB-7 (the Oracles of Airtran), voted SL-9 down without membership vote, the game changed. For the sake of the 1693 AT pilots (minus the FAB-7) and for the sake of this "culture" I hope it doesn't go to arbitration. If it does, one of the three mentioned (SWA, SWAPA, ALPA) will walk away not just upset, but furious. How do you intergrate a pilot group after that? It will seriously be a culture killer.

It's "Texas," not "texas.";)

Arbitration also presents a huge problem for SWA with every other union group on property. Long story short, arbitration is not the way to go. I think ALPA (not necessarily AT pilots) are determined to poison the well...why not? Question now is, what does SWA do about this? This goes against the "ONELUV" mantra to the core and SWA is not going to let that happen. If it truly wasn't that big a deal SWA MGMNT would have done what USAir MGMNT and DAL MGMT did...nothing. Why? Because both of those MGMNT groups could care less what happened after arbitration. SWA didn't do this...hence the problem.

Latest resources

Back