SWAPA/ALPA negotiate settlement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ty,

Do you really believe you guys "proposed" ---"about 250" captain seats? And, you really think that SWA balked at the training cost? I am sorry, but you guys are thinking on the wrong scale. You need to think on the scale of 6000 pilots. We have over 250 Captain training events every month! We have over 250 Captain qualified First Officers ready to fill those slots, requiring no training. So quit spewing your BS!

Any updates out of Dallas? Some of the SWA pilots posting here this weekend were saying that SWAPA would not negotiate in good faith. Hopefully it was just a few malcontents, and SWAPA has more integrity than that, but it would help to get some good news from Dallas.

I hope the AT MC has the guts to put this on the table. I know it would pass. It just seems the logical way to come together without hurting each others' feelings. Sure the angry 12 would complain about it, but who the f%&k cares. they had their day 2 weeks ago.

MJ, is that you?:(

Ty,

We have over 250 Captain training events every month!
PT/PC is not a Captain training event. Just a recurrent. No one can put out 250 fresh captains a month. You got 14 sims running 24 hours a day? because that's what it would take.

Actually more than 14, or no one would take recurrent checkrides that month.

Last edited:
If you want to make posts against your own team, Tokyo Joe, perhaps you ought to get your facts straight.

We did propose giving up some junior CA seats, about 250 of them. SWA management did not want that to happen because of all of the training events it would trigger, as displaced 737 CA bid 717CA, displaced 717CA bid 737FO, etc.

What are you, anyway, a March 2010 hire? You have a whopping 14 months on the line at AAI, and you're the expert. :laugh:
I like it! Sitt 'n' back and havin a bhruski! Enjoying the ride watching tranny self destruct! Pop, there goes another AAhhhh!!!

Ty,

We have over 250 Captain training events every month!
PT/PC is not a Captain training event. Just a recurrent. No one can put out 250 fresh captains a month. You got 14 sims running 24 hours a day? because that's what it would take.

Actually more than 14, or no one would take recurrent checkrides that month.

I said training events, not Captain upgrade.

Latest resources

Back