Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA today like the airline in the book, "Nuts!"?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I believe it was only 12 off all summer.

SWA does that once a year to remind us how much our contract sucks. Kind of like a reverse rainbow if you like bible stories. When you forget during the rest of the year a quick ready reserve falls out of the sky on a random bucket dweller, classic!

Sorry. I meant to say AirTran is the greatest company ever! The 717 is the greatest plane ever. We single engine taxi and auto land which makes us the best pilots ever. We were screwed because GK offered us money, captain seats, and an Atlanta base when what we really wanted was money, captain seats, and Atlanta base, and seniority. I lost my seat! My seat! My seat! I will now have to sit in the other seat! The one next to my old seat! I'm taking a pay cut because I told my MEC money didn't matter but then I realized money does matter! I'm going to cross picket lines, not go to the Halloween party, and tell every FA that will listen about going from 200K to 150K.

First world problems.

With the exception of 15 days off, these are all things that most regionals have. But you're still missing long-call, a bucket system, call last, etc. Reserve at AirTran goes senior. We have guys in the top 10 of their bid category bidding reserve. Ever see that at SWA? Doubtful, since reserves there are worked like borrowed mules.

Just put my app in!! I'll be their Mule. Delta already has an ass. ;)

Last edited:
Right. The entire AT reserve force lives locally. Jesus.

He is always looking through the lens of his own personal situation and viewed through that lens AT will always be the better job for him. He is not representative of the vast majority of AT FO's.

Right. The entire AT reserve force lives locally. Jesus.

You must not be very bright if you can't figure out that reserve going senior for people who live locally means that more junior guys who don't live locally don't get stuck on a reserve schedule that they don't want. It works better for everybody.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back