Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA today like the airline in the book, "Nuts!"?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, I'm completely with you about how LOOONNNGGG this thing is taking- I have no idea why the integration needs to take 3 years-
Other initiatives- ok- but to integrate AT? Why can't we do it faster?- we are doing damage to our culture by dragging this out and I have been vocal about that to people who matter-

As for ISL-
You proved my point- you think it's mainstream to think you could get seniority that improves where you'd be at your date of hire when you got bought by a better company with a superior career- - one where dozens upon dozens gave up all their air tran seniority to start at the bottom while no SWA pilot made the same choice-
Seriously- DOH was your worst case scenario?
Sorry- that wasnt going to happen- cry in your wheaties all you want- it wasnt real.

That unrealistic expectation is the cause of your discontent with the SLI - nothing else- it's an immature greedy viewpoint.

And viewpoints like that do tend to make one less happy.

But I do wish we could get you integrated faster- much faster

Where the fek did I write DOH. Can u read? Did you read the whole message cause I spoke about percentages and average gains from arbitration. Actually what most of your piers would consider maximum average loss of seniority.

Last edited:
Loss of seniority at AAI....DOH -2.5-3.5 years but keep longevity, and a free type if u need one, stable future, better contract, more lucrative career, etc, etc....doesn't sound so bad...especially when 65% of the fleet is heading to DL...

stable future.

LMAO

Not from what I am seeing, and experiencing so far.

All I see are unions out of control like the legacies redux pre bankruptcy. A management team that can't adapt quickly, and a company losing its competitive edge. Just because you are making money does not mean others are less competitive and not closing the competitive gaps. Making money does not mean things don't need to be better and more competitive. I am really worried about a 20+ year there and the way things are going so should you. So far the only thing still keeping it a float is that you own most of your airplanes, and you can leverage those assets. The company was built right from the ground up decades ago till recently.

There is more concern over doing someone else's job instead of getting the job done.
The employees have bloated, and selfish contracts promoting abuse that are far from competitive.
The only hope is that things stay flat while the rest of the industry catches up the next few years with inflation and gains from previous cuts of 40% during bankruptcy. I am not just talking about the pilots and the money cartels. From what I hear everyone is milking the cow and she is almost out of milk. I say this because i care about the future there. I want a future there. Why shouldn't I?

Now don't start saying I am anti union. Far from it. But being Pro union does not mean you should be anti company does it?

Last edited:
Yhgtbsm!!! Your saying SWA is doomed because of bloated labor and it's non-adaptive business model.,,dude, put down the pipe and tell me which legacy is going to put us under, or do u think Spirit has our number...lowest cost in majors, best spread sheet, heck give us at least one money losing quarter b4 u write us off...and the AAI debt is put to rest, that was a big t$&d to swallow...

Where do you think AAI would be then? High debt, your supper contract you would have gotten after the strike, limited cash, limited assets, oil above $80 pbl and of course a stronger Delta and a strong SWA ready to eliminate AAI. I forget AAI had orders. Ha! AAI was the powers house that was much better situated then poor broke SWA. You may want to do some research so you don't sound so stupid.

Last edited:
Never said SWA is doomed or writing you guys off. I am talking about the direction the company needs to take and where the current attitudes are taking SWA in the future. Just because something works does not mean it is not broke or needs to be improved. One of the reasons SWA is not competed with is because there are other airlines in worse shape and easier targets. Btw you bought the only company giving you any real competition. You can give up small gains now or larger ones later. It has happened before in Airline history and is a broken record. And I am not just talking about pilots.

Hey Vixen. If AAI was so feked up why didnt GK wait for us to just go bankrupt? So much for that logic of yours.

Last edited:
Do some research it will educate you. AAI wasn't in the best shape. So answer my above question. How well off was AAI? It wasn't. You guys would have been booming the last couple of years I am sure of it. Where would AAI be if it wasn't bought? Don't be delusional either. Get facts and objectively educate yourself.

Last edited:
Where would it be. Funny. It would still be taking on SWA in major markets and thorn in the side. Your so called facts are exaggerated in an industry like this that hands investors and employees their shirts on a regular basis.

So better yet tell me where you think SWA is going since you have a crystal ball????????

Last edited:
I think to compare AT and SWA is like comparing a too ripe banana vs. a sweet perfectly ripe Georgia peach. One maybe has potential while one is juuust right. Or better yet like comparing a torpedo boat to an aircraft carrier. Yes, the torpedo boat can cause some damage and turn on a dime. But, once the aircraft carrier gets turned into the wind, launches the fighters and mans the battle stations, which can take some time, can bring massive firepower to bear on anybody. It can handle much rougher seas and take care of its crew much better than the torpedo boat.

Latest resources

Back