Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA today like the airline in the book, "Nuts!"?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ty buddy, your a professional airline pilot, you got traded...you know how the game works...great union gig but not always fair and certainly not a meritocracy..maybe u are independently wealthy, and/or have a side business and this gig is just a cool part time job, but for the vast majority of your colleagues they are in this for the $$, and at the end of the day, stable, well run SWA's decision to buy AAI (vs lets say a UAL or DL) will be the best thing that ever happened in their career...

Opinions vary. Had we had an opportunity to go with the 71's to Delta with a more fair seniority integration, you'd have seen a lot of captains and f/o's go with the airplanes. With the current situation we find ourselves in, mostly f/o's with the least amount of time invested are looking for greener pastures. Personally, I've got too much time invested to start over so I'll be sucking it up and taking it like a man. Just don't tell me how lucky I am or how much better off I am. I don't and will never buy it. The turmoil of the last few years plus the next decade are not worth it, just better than starting over.

Opinions vary. Had we had an opportunity to go with the 71's to Delta with a more fair seniority integration, you'd have seen a lot of captains and f/o's go with the airplanes.

I love how everybody forgets how contentious of a relationship we had with Delta over the years. All of a sudden they would have been the savior that was going to offer a "fair and equitable" SLI? BS. There was no way the 717's were going over to Delta with any pilots being offered anything more than preferential interviews.

Apparently you missed Dicko being a d/ck-
That jab was for him-
But I can explain all the jokes if you have real sensitive feelers

This is pretty funny.

When they gave you the Koolaid, they must have squirted it in both ends. :laugh:

Newsflash- It was a lot harder to get on with UAL and AMR these past ten years than it was to get on with SWA. That doesn't mean they were "better jobs".

A "better job" to you doesn't necessarily mean the same thing to someone else.

My "sh/t job", as you put it, allowed me to fly as a mid-seniority CA, flying easy, commutable schedules with plenty of time off, and while it wasn't the top pay in the Industry, I wouldn't have voluntarily traded places with you, or someone a few years senior to you.

Oouuhh. Goodness me Wave, wonderful spirit. You still haven't outdone your drunken "they all should have been stapled" post yet.

You said that it took longer to get a job at SWA, preceded by the fact that there are "lots" younger and senior to you. It's a fallacy - Held close to your wax covered, razor burned chest, in order to keep you warm at night. SWA hired a guy with 700 hours in 2000. Ex firefighter and everything you could hope to be. Now a SWA check airmen. A great person.

Oh, he's senior to both of us.

Most of the "lots" are from air tran-

So thanks-

I doubt the veracity of your claim dicki

- but I'm already bored- again.... Mergers happen- they suck

You're job wasnt close to equal to mine. Period. You got better than fair. And I'll sling gear for you happily as long as my paycheck says SWA on it and not Air tran.

No, the ATN forum was shut down because of all the personal attacks and occasional threats of violence. Maybe if pilots like yourself could debate without calling people names we would still have a forum today.

None of the people you mentioned have access to all 335,000 pages of documents and have attended 4 out of first 5 depositions taken.

Almost last post.

What's the purpose of your post? your intentions may be good, but this is in very poor taste. Seriously.

Let the guy and his family have some peace.

Poor taste is the attack dog posts, do u think his family would be shocked? MB was the consummate pro even on FI, never resorted personal attacks...and he was right about SL9...

Latest resources

Back