Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA today like the airline in the book, "Nuts!"?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is crap.

Scabs cross picket lines, not pissed off former AirTran guys.

Bubba

I'm an ex-AirTran guy and I'd do whatever Gary and company ask me to do. My self worth is low enough for me to voluntarily vote away my seniority, what makes you think I won't cross a pocket line? No way I'm going to throw away that winning lottery ticket.

I might cross a pocket line too. It depends how much money is in that pocket and how much is headed my way.

On a side note, having ANY airport standby reserve in a contract is a complete failure. I'm glad we don't have it at SW.

Our reserve rules are sub-par, but 15 days off covers up alot of sins. Also, reserve along with retirement and rates of pay are the major focus in this section 6 negotiation. Hopefully we will make some headway on all fronts.

I did a month of reserve when I forgot to bid. It was like having a line only last minute and you may fly a 3 day or a 4 day. I didn't get to sit around at home, but I hear Sept and Jan are good months to do that. Scheduling always called in the early evening prior to let me know my AM report time. I've done reserve at the regionals, AT and now SWA. They all seemed to be about the same to me. Scheduling calls, you say got it and you go fly. No too difficult. Ready reserve did pay more and I thought it was useful, covering no shows and late shows.

The one thing AT started doing that I thought was flat wrong, was taking reserve days off your schedule if they flew you alot in the beginning of the month. Cheap bastards.

I did a month of reserve when I forgot to bid. It was like having a line only last minute and you may fly a 3 day or a 4 day. I didn't get to sit around at home, but I hear Sept and Jan are good months to do that. Scheduling always called in the early evening prior to let me know my AM report time. I've done reserve at the regionals, AT and now SWA. They all seemed to be about the same to me. Scheduling calls, you say got it and you go fly. No too difficult. Ready reserve did pay more and I thought it was useful, covering no shows and late shows.

The one thing AT started doing that I thought was flat wrong, was taking reserve days off your schedule if they flew you alot in the beginning of the month. Cheap bastards.

URP'ing I had forgot about that. That was fixed with the new contract.

Our reserve rules are sub-par, but 15 days off covers up alot of sins. Also, reserve along with retirement and rates of pay are the major focus in this section 6 negotiation. Hopefully we will make some headway on all fronts.

AirTran has 15 days off and a bucket system. Your point?

What the hell are you talking about?

We have 15-16 days off on reserve.

You cannot be JA'd while on Reserve.

Separate AM/PM Reserve lines that can only be changed with your approval.

Only 3 day or 4 day blocks.

No Airport Standby.

WTF? :confused:

With the exception of 15 days off, these are all things that most regionals have. But you're still missing long-call, a bucket system, call last, etc. Reserve at AirTran goes senior. We have guys in the top 10 of their bid category bidding reserve. Ever see that at SWA? Doubtful, since reserves there are worked like borrowed mules.

In the summer reserves are worked like mules. Sept thru Feb weekday reserve do not work much at all.

Moot point.
SWAPA has many braves, but few warriors
They will never walk the warpath
They care only about the wampum

Why even discuss it

Hey Fred--

There's a thread on the non-aviation side called "Redskins" that you should repost this comment to. You'd fit right in! :)

Bubba

Dudes, all, it's called reserve for a reason! Everybody's reserve is sub-par, otherwise, the senior would bid it exclusively, then the junior would bitch about not being able to hold reserve!

Latest resources

Back