SWA to speed up Airtran integration.....article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You read SWALife?

I stopped reading that a while back after a calmly-worded reply to all the B.S. I sent was summarily deleted without explanation.

It's Pravda... anything not along party lines gets deleted, which makes it pretty useless for communicating any REAL thoughts and ideas.

Let's all calm down here. NOBODY is going to get furloughed. People who are pissed off about stuff throw random crap out all the time; that doesn't make it true or relevant.

Let's look at things rationally: The pain we're going through right now (getting rid of the 717s, shoulder cuts making commuting more difficult, no growth till 15% ROIC, the company generaly tightening the belt, etc) are all efforts by GK to raise our stock price. He's under trememdous pressure by stockholders (his bosses) to do exactly this. With me so far?

What do you suppose would happen to LUV's stock price (and company value, or that matter) if anyone was furloughed here? Especially to the company whose culture is grounded in the fact that no one has ever been furloughed in its history? Especially while we're making money? Especially while other companies are making money and hiring? Get it? Investors would bail like rats from a sinking ship, and the stock would be listed on the penny boards. Perception is as important as anything else in a free market system. Do you not think Gary is aware of this?

GK will do whatever he needs to to boost the stock price. To do that, he needs to make the company look more attractive to investors. Besides tightening our collective belt, it includes buying however many airplanes he needs to (or keeping -300s) to keep everyone employed without wasting any more money on unproductiveness than possible. He is presenting the image that we are strengthing ourselves before we continue growth. Furloughing anyone would destroy those efforts. It would be equivalent to him making a public statement advising people to dump their LUV stock as fast as they can.

Have you guys noticed that nobody, anywhere, is talking about furloughing other than annonymous blowhards on FI? Lighten up, people. Happy new year.

Bubba

Last edited:
Milpilot17 is probably another year 1 douc@e bag like the idiot on SWAlife that made is first year pay remarks.

Yep. All they know is they were told they were going to work for SWA and make all this money, and it was going to be culture this and that. Sort of like a pyramid scheme. Buy my product (737 type) and it will pay off ten fold. And it has been true. But the music stopped. SWA had to buy a developed airline, not a Morris situation. They have been getting talked to ad nauseum about absenteeism and now cost savings on the labor side. Management keeps saying we want to preserve wages, which means they are going after work rules and productivity. Something every AT pilot knew they would. So you see comments like "where's mine?" And shouldn't this be taken out on the AT side? Which it won't, because our costs are under control. The new SWA will be way better than AT, good money, but lacking the opportunity to make insane time and a half. Many will disagree here and online. The result will be retarded comments about AT because their too scared to look in the mirror or fully grasp the situation going forward.

Have you guys noticed that nobody, anywhere, is talking about furloughing other than annonymous blowhards on FI? Lighten up, people. Happy new year.

Bubba
well here and the swapa board, but that ones even more sensored than SWA's.

Lear, to get around the sensor blocking, write something over the top positive in the first sentence like "LAS rampers rock and do a wonderful job", then tell the world your thoughts, works everytime.

Yeah, well, turns out is doesn't just happen. You don't really know our situation or how long we were trying. It was LONG before the announcement. Tell your wife lets wait 5 more years and let this thing smooth out. That would go over like a fart in church.

Well then, regardless of the work transition woes, I hope your baby comes out healthy, happy and full of joy! They are a lot of work, but they are also a lot of joy and love.
Aloha,
LUV

well here and the swapa board, but that ones even more sensored than SWA's.

Lear, to get around the sensor blocking, write something over the top positive in the first sentence like "LAS rampers rock and do a wonderful job", then tell the world your thoughts, works everytime.

*chuckle* Why does that not surprise me... ;)

Well then, regardless of the work transition woes, I hope your baby comes out healthy, happy and full of joy! They are a lot of work, but they are also a lot of joy and love.
Aloha,
LUV
Well-said.

Latest resources

Back