• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA to speed up Airtran integration.....article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I actually know firsthand that he was indeed offered employment with Airtran, but he chose Southwest. He was more than qualified for ANY airline.

Good for him. But that wasn't really the point, was it? He claimed that someone at AirTran wouldn't have the mins to get hired at SWA, when in reality, AirTran had more stringent mins than SWA did. Just one more falsehood that you guys have dreamt up to justify your actions in the SLI.

Then you lost credibility, and this drives you nuts. You told everyone around you that would listen how "it was all going to go down" and you were essentially wrong. :cartman:

I wasn't wrong about anything. The MEC and the pilot group chose not to go the way that I thought we should go, and they voted on a crappy deal because they were scared. I remain convinced that if we had gone to arbitration, it would have been implemented, and the carriers would have been merged as agreed upon in the Process Agreement, despite the veiled threats. But now we'll never know.

Yeah, AirTran was the hardest job in aviation to get. I remember one of my interview questions: What kind of beer to you drink on an overnight?

I thought, Fed Ex and Southwest had the highest mins, but I'm glad you pointed out that AT actually has the highest. I guess you guys never hired any former military guys, huh? I mean, where would they get the 121 time from?

you guys know the SLI is over with, right?

Not only did SWA management craft the SLI, they decided to keep the two pilot groups seperate for at least three years after acheiving single operating certificate. Somewhat sadistic in my opinion.

Yeah, AirTran was the hardest job in aviation to get. I remember one of my interview questions: What kind of beer to you drink on an overnight?

Yeah, I believe that story. :rolleyes:

I guess you guys never hired any former military guys, huh? I mean, where would they get the 121 time from?

They allowed military equivalent. Part 91 and 135 were excluded.

Latest resources

Back