• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA to speed up Airtran integration.....article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You two freaks are the Kings of the broken records. You two annoying dudes repeat the same things over and over and over and over again.
Then don't read it. There's this magic little thing called the "ignore list". So when I have to come BACK on here and repeat the SAME things for the slow learners who post the SAME SH*T over and over again that's incorrect, you don't have to listen to it.

Mkay?

The Delta history is fundamentally indefensible. But that sure doesn't keep the strange little man from trying over and over and over and over again convincing absolutely no one except his new bestie Lear70 who got fired how many times from AirTran?
Once, thanks. Or are you in the "slow learner" camp, too?

And my post was because they spent the last WEEK back and forth about this issue, and someone brings it up again like it's some new debate. Why don't people read and catch up before they post? It's not rocket science.

Or is that PCL. I get the crazies confused.
Take a look in the mirror. Maybe we can get you the right mix of meds this time.

They all got to retire as 767 captains making tons of money, what's the big deal?That sounds kind of similar to the same argument that some of the SWA guys have been making. The point of my post was to ask you if you thought the Pan Am pilots were treated fairly when they transitioned to Delta, or were they lucky just to have a job. The "Dirty Thirty" were mostly ALPA officers and their cronies that made sure they had a life jacket. Kind of like most of ATN Alpa is already at SWA. You can say the Pan AM aquisition is anient history, buy I see a lot of similarities to today.

Pan Am sold the Atlantic Ops and the NYC Shuttle to DL, and the Pacific Ops to United. It was a fire sale to stay alive, and a lot of the pilots just stayed at the remnants of Pan Am until it went away on its own. The pilots had choices. Nothing was forced on them, no "second offer and you better take it" type deals. It was worked out beforehand, and you knew what you were getting into. It's hard to compare the two. The AT merger wasn't billed as an asset sale initially, even though it appears that way now with the 717s leaving. Initially, management said they would keep those most likely, and the AT 737 Capts even bid over to the 717 to stay Capts. So, you might see a couple similarities, but mostly they are different cases here, mostly brought up by Corndogs on this site to try to justify the treatment, and to make themselves feel better about it. "Well, it happened to the Pan Am guys, I guess...." No, not really the same.....

Bye Bye---General Lee

A red eye that gets me back home at 7am on a day off is still a lost day off. An 18 day off line still becomes a 14 day off line.

What is a junior Pilot at an airline to do? I mean, brother you were junior at tranny before SWA bought 'em. :bawling:

717 FO = 737 CA...... nah

Now that is funny. I actually looked up your status on the list. You were on the property for 4 years when Southwest announced they were buying AT. 4 years... You talk like you were some big bad 717CA with a sweet schedule or something... You have probably never ever seen a line with 18 days off, that you now claim is unacceptable when you cross over to SWA.

Then you bad mouth SWA, say you are never coming over then complain about how long the transition is taking. So what is it? Do you want to come over or not? We know you would rather do union work then fly - so now that all the AT flying is being robbed by SWA and SWA is paying guys to basically sit at home, you are still not happy.

:bawling:

Last edited:
You talk like you were some big bad 717CA with a sweet schedule or something... You have probably never ever seen a line with 18 days off, that you now claim is unacceptable when you cross over to SWA.

I was getting in my top five choices every month, dipsh&*. You don't know as much as you think you do.

Then you bad mouth SWA, say you are never coming over then complain about how long the transition is taking.

When have I ever complained about how long the transition is taking? Do I think it makes them incompetent? Absolutely. But I'm not complaining. I think it's great. Drag it out forever, for all I care!

Awwww. There lies the problem. This was an integration based on an acquisition. This was not a merger.

Just as a reminder, NWA and DAL decided to merge operations. SWA purchased AT. In every definition there is a big difference.

But I m absolutely certain you can not see the difference. :)

Incorrect.

This was constructed, planned, and presented from the beginning as a merger.

If you have read any of the merger agreement documents between the companies, you will be hard pressed to find major differences.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back