• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA to speed up Airtran integration.....article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How about : It isn't a "merger" it is an "acquisition". There's a difference. One company "bought" the other. They didn't get together over a beer and say "hey, let's "merge".

GL's obsession with SWA is disturbing!!

No, when I see something that is an injustice, I give plenty of opinions about it. Over the last 11 years on here I have picked on a lot of groups that deserved it, like the US Easties, certain Comair guys, and now specific Corndogs. They are always welcome to give their own opinions or retorts, or just ignore. Whatever...

Bye Bye---General Lee

I personally enjoy the General's perspective...the personal insults do detract and you risk becoming Ty Webb jr...using insult as argument...

Not sure where you live, but many guys in Vegas bid PM lines, and commute in on day one then fly a redeye home on day 3 or 4. No Hotel bills, unless you want to stay for the entertainment.

Sounds like a great quality of life; as opposed to driving twenty minutes to work for the same money. A red eye at the end of every trip. :erm:

Last edited:
Not sure where you live, but many guys in Vegas bid PM lines, and commute in on day one then fly a redeye home on day 3 or 4. No Hotel bills, unless you want to stay for the entertainment.

A red eye that gets me back home at 7am on a day off is still a lost day off. An 18 day off line still becomes a 14 day off line.

No, these threads bring out what was WRONG with specific mergers, so hopefully it won't happen again, or will be handled differently next time. Like:

1. When two groups merge, management should NOT favor one side over the other. That never created unity, between pilot groups or with the new company. Stay out of integration management.....

2. When you say you will do something in a prior agreement, follow through. (That goes for US Easties and the agreement to do binding arbitration, and certain management types from another airline apparently agreeing to things, and then not.....)

3. Don't pay different payrates for the same plane type. No, not good. No unity there. Same pay in a joint contract is the FIRST thing done in a successful merger. Same pay takes the sting away from the eventual SLI.

4. Don't take years to integrate. Come on! Unity? Have enough money to complete the merger fully after the purchase is made...

No merger is perfect, but these latest mergers had airlines that had the benefit of watching a couple go first. One went relatively well, the other did not. No excuses.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Why do you have such a hard on for SWA? Because I can guarantee you that I could care less about Delta.

I personally enjoy the General's perspective...the personal insults do detract and you risk becoming Ty Webb jr...using insult as argument...

I try to avoid it, but sometimes it is unavoidable.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Why do you have such a hard on for SWA? Because I can guarantee you that I could care less about Delta.

Wait, you COULD CARE LESS? So, you do care a lot? That's awesome. Hey, look up Yahoo Aviation finance each morning and find out the latest and greatest at DL. Enjoy it.

Btw, I wish I didn't have to read and hear about the injustices at your place. Please fix them, so I don't have to continue to debate how poorly you merged. Really, it didn't have to be that way. You had two examples of how to merge before your turn, and I think you took the wrong path....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back