• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA to speed up Airtran integration.....article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PCL will be wrong again - then he will slam his employer and be mad.

Hey PCL is it true that you will retire #2 at Southwest (age 65) if you do come over here? (Unless, of course we buy somebody else and they actually get their way)

PCL's been wrong, wrong and wrong again these last few years on FI. Now predicting a dour section 6 outcome?

You stay classy, PCL.

"Some believe that SWAPA is only trying to delay the process as long as possible because they hope it will enable them to “capture” more captain seats. If this is true, it seems like short-term thinking. Whatever arguments each side has regarding contract interpretation or fairness will be decided by a neutral third-party; but, it is undeniable that walking away from a process specifically designed and agreed by all to resolve disputes will have its own ramifications. For the life of me, I can't understand the point of creating distrust and animosity among a large part of SWAPA's future members—especially in the middle of important Section 6 negotiations. That being said, the question is not if, but when, this complaint will be heard, and the MEC will use all available resources to enforce the provisions of the transition agreement."

What do you guys want?? $$, 737 CP seats in return for 717 CP seats going away?

"Some believe that SWAPA is only trying to delay the process as long as possible because they hope it will enable them to “capture” more captain seats."

Swapa pilots will get all the seats they negotiated for regardless of the timing on the DRC claim. They get all 737 upgrades prior to 2015. That includes upgrades for 717's being replaced by 737's. It really isn't difficult to understand.

We're simply tired of beating this dead horse. Not that we agree with you, we're just over the debate on here (at least I am)...

The simple fact is, if the shoe were on the other foot, your pilots would be just as angry and pushing your union just as hard to get back something you had voted on and planned for.

That's really all there is to say. You believe one way. We believe another. And a neutral needs to decide it. Continuing to debate it just drives a wedge further between the pilot groups and I'm done debating. You may post further on the subject, but don't assume our silence gives consent to your thoughts and ideas, it just means we're trying to get along which means avoiding confrontation when it's pointless.

Happy New Year! :beer:

Latest resources

Back