• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And a neutral needs to decide it.
Happy New Year! :beer:
Happy new Year Lear.

And we don't need a "neutral" to decide whats already been overwhelmingly voted on. Thats the reason for the vote, to get buy in from a majority. If we wanted an arbitrator, someone would have voted no.

Lear,

S/b is right, a neutral arbitrator will not change any of this...if u really cared about mending fences u wouldn't be going down this road...

We're simply tired of beating this dead horse. Not that we agree with you, we're just over the debate on here (at least I am)...

The simple fact is, if the shoe were on the other foot, your pilots would be just as angry and pushing your union just as hard to get back something you had voted on and planned for.

That's really all there is to say. You believe one way. We believe another. And a neutral needs to decide it. Continuing to debate it just drives a wedge further between the pilot groups and I'm done debating. You may post further on the subject, but don't assume our silence gives consent to your thoughts and ideas, it just means we're trying to get along which means avoiding confrontation when it's pointless.

Happy New Year! :beer:
I find it bizarre that someone on the AAI Merger Committee (or whatever it is you guys calls it) doesn't seem to understand how all this works.

The people who don't seem to understand how this all works are the people in charge at SWAPA, who seem incapable (or unwilling) of understanding that the Dispute Resolution Agreement facilitates a process for resolving these sorts of disagreements. Instead, they're trying to stonewall, which will ultimately be a fruitless endeavor.

The people who don't seem to understand how this all works are the people in charge at SWAPA, who seem incapable (or unwilling) of understanding that the Dispute Resolution Agreement facilitates a process for resolving these sorts of disagreements. Instead, they're trying to stonewall, which will ultimately be a fruitless endeavor.

Well then explain it PCL. Because the Dispute Resolution Agreement cannot change what has already been agreed to. Nor can an Arbitrator change an agreement which had already been agreed to.

So since you have all the answers why don't you fill us in on how that is possible.

Well then explain it PCL. Because the Dispute Resolution Agreement cannot change what has already been agreed to. Nor can an Arbitrator change an agreement which had already been agreed to.

So since you have all the answers why don't you fill us in on how that is possible.

I don't think anyone is claiming that an arbitrator can "change" the agreement. The dispute resolution process, much like a system board of adjustment process, is meant to resolve disagreements in how the agreement is interpreted or applied. I believe the position of the ATN MEC is that the loss of the 717s creates circumstances that were unexpected and weren't contemplated in the language of the SLI agreements. So, they want a neutral to look at it and see how it should be applied. This is the entire reason for having a dispute resolution process. SWAPA shouldn't be so afraid to go forward with the process that they agreed to. But, I guess we're used to them behaving in such a manner by now.

I don't think anyone is claiming that an arbitrator can "change" the agreement. The dispute resolution process, much like a system board of adjustment process, is meant to resolve disagreements in how the agreement is interpreted or applied. I believe the position of the ATN MEC is that the loss of the 717s creates circumstances that were unexpected and weren't contemplated in the language of the SLI agreements. So, they want a neutral to look at it and see how it should be applied. This is the entire reason for having a dispute resolution process. SWAPA shouldn't be so afraid to go forward with the process that they agreed to. But, I guess we're used to them behaving in such a manner by now.

None of us have a problem with this process.

But we do have a problem with you.

I truly hope you are gone as you say you will be. Guys like you are a cancer to a work group. As you are to this site.

Ok, what has changed...AAI pilots are now coming over without 717s...SLI was negotiated assuming the pilots came with planes...AAI benefitted (at the expense of RSW pilots)... What more do u want??

It's not something to be litigated on a message board. The attorneys and arbitrator will take care of it.

Latest resources

Back