• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA to speed up Airtran integration.....article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It just dawned on me. Lear and the General are right. They both have finally convinced me that my last 10 years here at WN were wasted.

I really should go to Delta so that my 'pay per takeoff' is the highest, after all, that is the only important metric. (Or whatever you choose, since pay vs time at home isn't important)

That and avoiding AMA and LBB at all costs.

SWA sucks and I really should find another job.

I hope this finally makes you happy.

BD32

Just for a reference point. I am a 6 year SWA fo, 8 months at 6 year pay, 4 month at 7 year pay. I made 181k, 775 flight hours, and I commute. That does not include per diem (6,100), 401k match (16,800), or profit sharing(?). So you don't have to fly 950 hours to make 185k.

Yup-6 year DAL FO made $113/hour. Flying 950 hours yields $107K or about 70% LESS than a SWA FO. Very, very little if any premium time to be had.

No green slips at Delta -

Lear,

I didn't use ANY conversions. Why would I?

These are the exact numbers that each pilot would get at guarantee.

No pilot makes guarantee. I'm one of the laziest pilots you'll ever find, and even I don't make guarantee.

Even I am getting tired of these back and forths! Imagine that!

Ok, I will try to get away from this thread, I think I have made my point about the AT treatment by certain SWA pilots, and I hope it gets better and the B-scale thing is somehow fixed.

Also, you can't just base things of off supposed guarantee. The Summer and Spring months have higher average line values, meaning more cash. The other months, if you are senior, you can still swap lower time trips for bigger ones when they come into open time, which they do. Also, greenslips do happen, especially in the Summer. If you live in base, you can also get them when someone sicks out at the last minute. It happens a lot at a BIG base..... And Red, very few people get min guarantee. Even reserve has a min of 72 hours...

Alright dudes, I will try to avoid this thread for the time being. I wish you.........farewell......

Bye Bye---General Lee

No pilot makes guarantee. I'm one of the laziest pilots you'll ever find, and even I don't make guarantee.
This.

Almost no one flies guarantee unless they just deliberately try (like me, and that's only because the lines don't fly guarantee, so I figure why bother). Everyone else flies an average of 75 hours of block per month, give or take, so might as well use a realistic average to determine a "Real Life" comparison, not just the pay-protected minimum that maybe 1% of the pilot population credits monthly.

If you don't use real-world examples, statistics mean nothing. Not a slam, just an observation.

And Beech, you missed the point. Entirely. I said I was just fine with the way Southwest pays for the 737. Or did you miss that deliberately? :rolleyes:

People still trying to stir the pot...

Last edited:
Ok, I will try to get away from this thread, I think I have made my point about the AT treatment by certain SWA pilots, and I hope it gets better and the B-scale thing is somehow fixed.
Each pilot group has their 5%ers. Most of the SWA guys I have come across have been very courteous and professional.

With respect to the B-scale, we have no one but our former MEC to thank for that. We were offered SWA economics but our MEC turned it down. Our mechanics were smart enough to not to vote down their negotiated deal and are making SWA pay today. The pilot group has no leverage to acheive pay parity and are stuck on the AirTran CBA until they cross the partition.

Even with everything that has transpired, I have yet to talk to any former AirTran pilots that are not happy on the other side of the partition. Also, some of the biggest complainers about the merger and Southwest airlines are voluntarily taking the first class they can hold to go to Dallas (and thus voluntarily giving up their CA seat and home basing). I guess they like talking out of both sides of their mouth.

A perfect example why you are overweight and another reason why your beloved Alpa has been a total failure as a true union. You are lazy. Too lazy to earn your job and too lazy to understand the true meaning of how you earn certain things in life. You are lazy and that is the last thing anybody would want in an employee. You fit the Alpa mold to a tee. I guess there is a reason you never had any ambition to work for SWA.

Thanks for sharing and letting everyone know how you role. LAZY

M

Latest resources

Back