• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit closing DTW pilot base

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PCL you got to understand that there is alot of angst over the closing of the DTW base. While I can understand the dissappointment and anger over the closure in 55 days or so, they are going to try to prevent it by any means they deem necessary. The ONLY problem that I see is somehow the pilots that are DTW based thinking that FLL pilots had ANYTHING to do with such a closure. The oldest trick in the book - DIVIDE AND CONQUER.

Spirit pilots MUST stay united to produce a contract that is worth voting in.

The Business model in JC's letter that said we have to keep the competition guessing. Nice model or mission statement. Tell that to my pregnant wife and my mortgage broker in DTW. Yes it is great here you want to why because it is home I don't pass judgement on your home. Well I have to call the bank and tell them I need to keep the competition guessing guerilla stlye. Love ya JC and Benny thanks

Don't forget to tell Herb thanks as it seems he has his fingers touching everything over there. Nice to negotiate a satellite base during the middle of contract negotiations.

Don't forget to tell Herb thanks as it seems he has his fingers touching everything over there. Nice to negotiate a satellite base during the middle of contract negotiations.

Since you're hiding behind internet anonymity, why not tell us just what HL failed to do for you.

It's easy shooting darts from the sidelines.

Rep-ing a bunch of pilots is not an easy task and I don't envy HL one tiny bit.

BTW, the satellite base LOA has a nuclear button.

Nothing that isn't stopping them already

Am I mistaken, or didn't Delta get an injunction forbidding pilots from not picking up open time (sic)? I'd say that's stopping guys from not picking up open time, though I'm not familiar with the ins and outs of Spirit and their open time.

What would you suggest that ALPA do?

Investigate every avenue to keep DTW open. ALPA pays a lot of lawyers a lot of money for good advice, maybe in the end nothing can be done about it, but I know if I were at Spirit I would be comforted that ALPA at least 'looked into it'.

They HAVE genious.......support your elected reps.

Vote-Volunteer-or Shut Your Hole / that is how I have always looked at it anyways.

They HAVE genious.......support your elected reps.

Vote-Volunteer-or Shut Your Hole / that is how I have always looked at it anyways.

The "Mary's" at spirit don't have the guts to get into the fight. They want to stand around and carp about their leadership.

ALPA pays a lot of lawyers a lot of money for good advice, maybe in the end nothing can be done about it, but I know if I were at Spirit I would be comforted that ALPA at least 'looked into it'.

Bruce York, the guy that Enegma mentioned, is the Director of ALPA's Representation Department (ie. one of the head attorneys). If he and his department have already looked at it, as Enegma said, then you can trust their judgment.

Bruce York, the guy that Enegma mentioned, is the Director of ALPA's Representation Department (ie. one of the head attorneys). If he and his department have already looked at it, as Enegma said, then you can trust their judgment.

Wow, I think my posts have been taken much differently than I intended. Let me try to rephrase.

Has Spirit's MEC indicated they think closing DTW is a violation of status quo? If not, have they cited why it's not a violation (precedent)?

I'm not questioning ALPA's integrity, I'm just curious if the Spirit MEC thinks it might be possible to keep the base open, with or without concessions in negotiations.

Latest resources

Back