• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southern Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How fast is realistic for upgrade on the Classic? I've 'seen that movie before' so to speak and it didn't work out the way people told me it would. I guess I take upgrade projections with a grain of salt.

also Southern has announced the purchases of 10- 400's with delivery dates of 2012-early 2013

Haven't heard that one.

also Southern has announced the purchases of 10- 400's with delivery dates of 2012-early 2013

Haven't heard that one.

ask the next loadmaster you run into, they got the email last week! pilot are always left in the dark. i would post where the plane are coming from but it probably not a good idea to show our cards.

Sword

How fast is realistic for upgrade on the Classic? I've 'seen that movie before' so to speak and it didn't work out the way people told me it would. I guess I take upgrade projections with a grain of salt.

take it for what u want, but you will be aircraft lock on what ever plane you get. as it stand right now eveyone is jumping off the classic to the 400 and 777. with that said educated guess on upgrade for someone coming off the street- classic 1-3 years. 400's 3-6 years, 777, at least 10 years. Remember SA staffs 8 Capt Per plane.

ask the next loadmaster you run into, they got the email last week! pilot are always left in the dark. i would post where the plane are coming from but it probably not a good idea to show our cards.

Sword

LM's such a reliable source! If you asked our's we should be operating 100 74's by now!!

Does anyone know what is competitive for getting an interview? Been furloughed for awhile and wanted to get back into to things. Thank you in advance for the response.

So where do you go? Meaning, what does a typical trip look like in terms of layovers. Do all the crews work the entire system within their 20 on or are there 'focus regions' depending on what you bid? If so, what are the desirable trips at Southern?

thanks

Latest resources

Back