Southern Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi Venator;
Had my southern interview, give a quick report. First there is a meet and brief session where the VP OF OPS, explains a lot of good Info as where the company is going and the benefits. Then a short break and then a 3 to 1 interview session with the VP of Ops , Heas of HR and the 747-200 chief pilot . Nice folks they only asked a couple Of questions tell me about when u had a conflict with another crew member and tell us about yourself, and any training problems? That was it . I was in and then I was out . The intetview was very very short. Wecwent to the 200 sim they using the 747 that day. The fell

Sorry, the fellow doing the right seat duties was fantastic he is a huge help. All you have to do is fly the airplane. We took off , climb to 5000 go to a VOR AND HOLD, then vector to an ILS. I enjoyed it . The aim portion went very well for me. Oh, after the interview the HR lady said 2 to 3 weeks before I get an answer . So we will see .
I got a bit nervous at interview , but hey it just the way goes sometimes. I was happy with the SIM THOUGH. if I forgot anything give me a post and I'll answer body,I do really want to be there I tell you that much.

Naseft

Haven't heard anything yet since the interview. One thing that stands out in my mind was when the VP of Flt Ops mentioned the 'Captain-Qualified' FO program presumably for the 747 Classic. Any Southern guys care to chime in on this and how often people are able to take advantage of this? The cynic in me wants to think of this as a carrot dangled in front of potential employees, however, when I asked him about it he stated that it was determined by checkairmen based on performance in new-hire training.

Haven't heard anything yet since the interview. One thing that stands out in my mind was when the VP of Flt Ops mentioned the 'Captain-Qualified' FO program presumably for the 747 Classic. Any Southern guys care to chime in on this and how often people are able to take advantage of this? The cynic in me wants to think of this as a carrot dangled in front of potential employees, however, when I asked him about it he stated that it was determined by checkairmen based on performance in new-hire training.

I was a CQFO. If you do well by sim 5 you might get CQFO. which mean you are paid as a FO except when you fly a trip as a Capt. if i had to guess, the average cqfo per new hire class would be 2 out of the whole new hire class.

Sword

Hey Roswell41; if you don't mind me asking you , was your interview short , like in and out after a couple of questions then on to the sim?

When updating my application I uploaded a new updated resume , however there seems to be no way to delete the old one that I could see. So now I'm sitting there with two resume attachments, any way to get rid of the old one? Calls still going out for interviews?

When updating my application I uploaded a new updated resume , however there seems to be no way to delete the old one that I could see. So now I'm sitting there with two resume attachments, any way to get rid of the old one? Calls still going out for interviews?

We will be hire the rest of the year!?

Latest resources

Back