• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest and ATL Reductions?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just got confirmation from Bombardier, no 900s we're ever suposed to go to ASA..looks like some bitter pilot started this rumour or it could have been people at the top trying to pressure ASA pilots. But looks like there were never plans for ASA to get those 900s.

How would Bombardier know where the planes were headed after Delta took delivery?

Just got confirmation from Bombardier, no 900s we're ever suposed to go to ASA..looks like some bitter pilot started this rumour or it could have been people at the top trying to pressure ASA pilots. But looks like there were never plans for ASA to get those 900s.

100% B.S. False

Nice try, though. You, sir are misinformed.

I seem to remember Jerry Atkin himself sitting in the C lounge saying those planes were coming to ASA unless we would not agree to fly them for less like Skywest pilots would.

Which is exactly why ASA's numbers suck. ATL is basically 50% of our departures & that's why our numbers are so bad. If you look at operations out of CVG vs ATL we are around 90% on-time in CVG vs 65% (or lower) out of ATL. Granted that's because CVG's operation actually makes sense and they draw from a different pool of workers.

But the main thing is our numbers will not improve until Delta gives us a schedule that is realistic, not one that requires the precision of a Swiss watch.

The schedules in SLC are no better. On Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday, the schedule is reduced a bunch. Planes come in and sit and have to be moved off the gate to the hangar or deice pads. Then either a crew or mx has to move them back when they go out later. Someone in ATL thought this was a good idea on paper, but it's a pain in the ass. I don't think Delta is doing either one of us any favors.

I know it has already been said but I think you're gonna see the ASA numbers dramatically improve.

So you mean now that you have a TA you are all going to act like "professionals" again? No havoc? No more write every little thing up?

Ramp ops in ATL will just change overnight?

821SK will magically reappear sans SkyWest Anniversary paint job and in ASA livery?

SkyWest will leave ATL, and ASA will move back into SLC?

Call me skeptical, but I'll believe it when I see it.

It's very simple. ASA has a TA. It includes one rate for -700/-900 flying. It's no longer economical to staff these -900s with satellite SkyWest crews. No more need to scare ASA pilots with Skywest -900s.

Your -900s are ours. Cheers.

So you mean now that you have a TA you are all going to act like "professionals" again? No havoc? No more write every little thing up?

Ramp ops in ATL will just change overnight?

821SK will magically reappear sans SkyWest Anniversary paint job and in ASA livery?

SkyWest will leave ATL, and ASA will move back into SLC?

Call me skeptical, but I'll believe it when I see it.

When people believe they are being dealt with dishonestly, they don't put in the "extra effort" required to keep things running smoothly. Why do you think the Southwest (union pilots) are so productive? Unfortunately we are starting to see signs of this at Skywest. Take care of your employees and they will take care of you. Skywest management could have kept our ALPA drive from happening but it seems they took just a little too much.

You are sort of correct. Those were ASA's orders, placed by Delta, before scope allowed them to be -900's. The -900's were a conversion of an existing order. The conversion may have taken place after the purchase agreement.

Also understand that Bombardier's folks will be VERY careful never to say anything that might be construed as painting their biggest customer in a bad light.

Latest resources

Back