• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skybus Toast

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flight Info: the place where every thread eventually becomes an anti-ALPA thread. You'd almost think this place is run by Ford-Harrison.

Best news I've heard all day!

One down, one to go.

This is just what this industry needs.. weeding out of those carriers like Skybus that do not help the rest of us.

Sorry, not gonna happen.

I did notice that you did not answer my question, and the question posed by others.

Was it all right when you 'bought your job and bought your way into this industry' at Gulfstream??

Were you 'under-cutting' others already experienced and in the industry??

Waiting for an answer to those question?? Waiting??

You will always be nothing more than a 'PFT-er' and nothing more!!

And, no doubt you will not take my advise and STFU, but its a free country and even stupid A$$es have their opinions. However, most consider the 'source' and don't pay any attention to them.

For what its worth.

DA

They were going to "put UAL out of business". They undercut the HE!! out of industry salaries.

I never cared for DH thinking they were going to put UA out of business. Tom and Kerry needed to focus on DH not UA.

The DH rates for the bus might've been better, however, they were in line with other LCCs and not too far off from NWA/UAL. however, I've not the rates available....anyone?

I did notice that you did not answer my question, and the question posed by others.
I've answered all those questions and many others over and over again on this website. You can always use the search function if you're interested. I'm not repeating myself.

And no, I'm not going to "STFU." So sorry.

Really? What part are you having trouble with?

I'll type slow....It is my understanding that Skybust hired some of the ACA 320 Yahoos. You know the ones. They were going to "put UAL out of business". They undercut the HE!! out of industry salaries.

Now they tried it again. Pilot will never be paid a decent salary until the idiots who are willing to sit in the right seat of a 150 seat jet for $65 an hour are out of the industry gene pool. The best we can hope for is that they spend enough time on the street after the latest debacle to go get a job more suited to their standards and skills, and abandon aviation....otherwise, they'll be lining up to undercut you with the next fly by night outfit...then again, what do you make on the 190?:rolleyes:

Tbags. Enlighten me, who do you work for. I'd be surprised if you're honest and tell us. After the Bain process which eventually lead to ACAs demise there was very little lovelose between ACA and UAL. As for Indy putting UAL out of business that was just like pissing into the wind, it was never going to happen. I do agree that JetBlue E190 payrates suck and I hope that they come up. I am 100% behind our pilot drive for an inhouse union. And you are correct, I do read slowly.

Last edited:
Tbags. Enlighten me, who do you work for. I'd be surprised if you're honest and tell us.

9 years of seniority at UAL. 767 FO (paper bid).
I'm apparently VERY rare here though. I have other options and am actually on a LOA where I make SIGNIFICANTLY more money than UAL's payrates. I can't even comprehend working as a Bus Capt for Skybust rates. What does it say about someone when they can only get a job if they are willing to do it for significantly less than everyone else. Sorry, I think my training is worth more. Never applied at Jblu, FRNT, or Airtran. sorry if that disappoints you.

THIS INDUSTRY NEEDS A GUILD!!
WE MUST SET INDUSTRY WIDE MINIMUM PAYRATES!!

Sorry to the employees, but Great for the aviation industry!!

I don't think anyone in this industry better be getting too smug about where they are regardless of where they are, because what we are witnessing is the beginning of Armageddon for this industry.

This is not something that's going to be over in a few weeks, or months, or years. This peak oil and rising fuel price syndrome will not-so-slowly and most assuredly strangle the life out of your companies, your careers, and your industry.

So don't fall into the "it can't happen to me" syndrome unless you are independently wealthy or have another skill or profession to fall back on. I know most of you guys are young, and 30-40 years of working will take you through a lot of economic cycles, so I would start looking for an alternate, because this airline pilot gig is not going to last that long for the vast majority of you.

9 years of seniority at UAL. 767 FO (paper bid).
I'm apparently VERY rare here though. I have other options and am actually on a LOA where I make SIGNIFICANTLY more money than UAL's payrates. I can't even comprehend working as a Bus Capt for Skybust rates. What does it say about someone when they can only get a job if they are willing to do it for significantly less than everyone else. Sorry, I think my training is worth more. Never applied at Jblu, FRNT, or Airtran. sorry if that disappoints you.

THIS INDUSTRY NEEDS A GUILD!!
WE MUST SET INDUSTRY WIDE MINIMUM PAYRATES!!
Tbags. No ill will here. You are most definately correct in your assertion that many at Indy foolishly thought that they would drive UAL out off business. I always thought otherwise and thankfully used Indy for my A320 type so that I could get out as quickly as I could. Finished bus IOE on a Friday evening and was displaced back to the right seat off the CRJ the following Monday.I caught a break and was hired by JetBlue within 2 weeks off my displacement. Haven't looked back yet but I am always open to better opportunities. Good luck with your future decisions.

To be very honest, I'm very disappointed in many of you being so smug thinking that you are better than others and dancing on the graves of others' careers! I may not have agreed with the pay rates of the likes of Skybus or some of the other companies out there, but I'll be damned if I'm the one to be passing judgement.:puke:

Latest resources

Back