• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Seniority dispute ends at US Airways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was curious if I may have spoke with you. I had a chance to speak with some of your group during breaks.

If you had the chance to spend over a week in the courthouse listening to all the testimony you might have a different opinion.

Doesn't the appeal make this point moot?

The appeal makes it as if Wake's courtroom never happened. The Supreme Court is not going to take this case (or do you believe it will?).

After DOH is introduced, you will have to start over. This is going to take another 2-5 years and cost a fortune.

I empathize with your reasons for continuance. But your lawyers are going to tell you whatever you want to hear to keep taking your (donated) money. At what point do you cut your losses and cut a deal? Each motion must cost several thousand dollars. And an unsuccessful appeal to the US Supreme Court? $$$$$ By the time this situation is decided some to most of these guys will have retired, further making the case moot.

Go ahead everyone and call me an AH, attack me personally, etc. I am just trying to explore the practicalities of an obviously emotional issue. Give me a logical, practical argument, not an emotional rant.

I agree with you whole heartedly, if for no other reason than to prevent the PSA pilot group from continuing their longstanding and shameful practice of underbidding the other whorely owned pilot group(s).

Those weasels are now participating in the PDT negotiations, after securing RJs, large small jets and almost super sized small large jets (90 seats) for themselves. Their contracts have had pitiful pay, work rules etc. in comparison from that of ALG and even PDT. "It's all about me!" is not just a mainline slogan. Result: a 100% growth of their pilot group roster, while ALG/PDT are now at 45 airframes. That is a 60% decline from their combined DHC-8 fleet total of over 105.

We pilots can always be counted on to screw one another for a small "fee." Management plays that tune with glee whilst the commuter trash dances a jig for a pittance.

The only time I was proud to call them my "bruthas" was that new years gift of a fecal deposit in the CLT chief pilot's file cabinet. That was spectacular! Rejoice in the small victories.

You mean their MEC Chairman, ex Chief pilot?

I was curious if I may have spoke with you. I had a chance to speak with some of your group during breaks.

If you had the chance to spend over a week in the courthouse listening to all the testimony you might have a different opinion. I'm still scratching my head about 2 of the 3 judges on the 9th. They listen to 15 minutes of arguments from each side to overturn days of testimony. I accept that is how the system works and their decision to punt. Remember, they did not find USAPA innocent. They said to bring it back when it is ripe.

We are just going to stand back and watch while USAPA and the lemmings who support that organization run off the cliff.

Of course, the dissenting judge, Jay Bybee, leaves a lot more people "scratching their heads" than 1800 desert pilots :laugh:

He is the co-author of the most infamous legal memorandum in U.S. history, the "torture memo" of August 1, 2002.

I strongly disagree with him on his views there, as well as the ones he offered in your loss of the Ninth Circuit appeal. According to the Wahington Post, he has expressed regret for signing the interrogation memo during his time at the Justice Department. In short, he is quite obviously the "loose cannon" in the three judge panel. Not surprising he was the dissenting judge; we expected it.

The appeal makes it as if Wake's courtroom never happened. The Supreme Court is not going to take this case (or do you believe it will?).

After DOH is introduced, you will have to start over. This is going to take another 2-5 years and cost a fortune.

I empathize with your reasons for continuance. But your lawyers are going to tell you whatever you want to hear to keep taking your (donated) money. At what point do you cut your losses and cut a deal? Each motion must cost several thousand dollars. And an unsuccessful appeal to the US Supreme Court? $$$$$ By the time this situation is decided some to most of these guys will have retired, further making the case moot.
I'm not here to attack anyone that does not hurl an insult my direction. I found those of us East and West were pretty well behaved at the courthouse. I also understand the East is just as passionate as us.

I can live with the court's decision. The 9th was NOT the last word and we have the funding to continue our fight. It became clear to me what is going to happen to the West pilot group if USAPA is not challenged.

USAPA was not founded to escape ALPA, it was founded to escape binding arbitration. It is people like me and other supporters of Leonidas who are going to make sure we throw out the stop sticks before they drive off jobs we brought to the acquisition.

Go ahead everyone and call me an AH, attack me personally, etc. I am just trying to explore the practicalities of an obviously emotional issue. Give me a logical, practical argument, not an emotional rant.

This is the point I was trying to make in an earlier post.

Of course, the dissenting judge, Jay Bybee, leaves a lot more people "scratching their heads" than 1800 desert pilots :laugh:

He is the co-author of the most infamous legal memorandum in U.S. history, the "torture memo" of August 1, 2002.

I strongly disagree with him on his views there, as well as the ones he offered in your loss of the Ninth Circuit appeal. According to the Wahington Post, he has expressed regret for signing the interrogation memo during his time at the Justice Department. In short, he is quite obviously the "loose cannon" in the three judge panel. Not surprising he was the dissenting judge; we expected it.

Are you speaking of the "loose cannon" for his views on water-boarding suspected terrorists? If that makes him a loose cannon, I applaud him.

Good luck getting any real response here, Taco. FI.com is a place to vent, and like the wind, it normally blows from West to East here.

It would seem that by the time the actual road blocking, time-wasting, lawsuit-filing pilots from the old America West Airlines have their next day in court on their fresh new lawsuit avenging the dastardly deeds of the East pilots, who simply want an integration like that of every other group on the property, the west will already be moving up rapidly due to the massive East attrition that's about to occur. Of course, in contrast to all the other groups who integrated by straight DOH, the C&R's USAPA is trying to hand over to them will provide one-way flow for those west pilots who want to move into A330 openings, B767 openings....you know, all that stuff that America West never had anyway. As time goes on, the whining from the boys who think that five year upgrades should be preserved in every merger as if it's a part of a pilot's god-given career expectations will increasingly sound like "blah blahblahblah." Time to get over it and fight the real enemy, your own Mesa-like management team.

Are you speaking of the "loose cannon" for his views on water-boarding suspected terrorists? If that makes him a loose cannon, I applaud him.

Well goody good, then. That's fine and you are certainly entitled to that, but the vast majority of this country has moved on and realized the errors of those years. Rush Limbaugh probably agrees with you, though.

Well goody good, then. That's fine and you are certainly entitled to that, but the vast majority of this country has moved on and realized the errors of those years. Rush Limbaugh probably agrees with you, though.

Actually I agree with the native New Yorker, Sean Hannity. I also understand why you applaud the most overturned court in the land.

I also understand why you applaud the most overturned court in the land.

Judge Wake? You see, its like this- you guys missed it, big time! You lost and now you think there is going to be some miracle judgement against USAPA. HA HA! Quite funny my boy!
This seniority thing is about to be wrapped up and you westicles better not keep getting in the way of a decent contract. I know you are used to working for toilet wages, but now that you 've hitched your wagon to us you are going to get a taste of what its like to be a real major airline pilot. Just watch

Latest resources

Back