• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Seniority dispute ends at US Airways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So, the DFR case is settled. What does that have to do with the Nic decision?

The folks that write their updates for USAPA think it is settled. They are hoping, which is all they have, that we don't have the funds to take the case to the Supreme Court. If this court does not take the case, all USAPA has to do is present the DOH list to the company which is the trigger that makes the case ripe. The arbitrated list is the the one the company accepted and testimony from the trial affirms the fact. US Airways has filed a lawsuit seeking clarification on the seniority dispute because they realize they will be defendants in a future lawsuit if they accept USAPA's DOH list.

Since USAPA does not allow a message board, (because they don't care to be challenged), the noise machine puts out updates such as the one posted.
The claim in the update that a DOH cramdown and conditions and restrictions on the West is a win is comical.

They want us all to be "good union pilots" in their updates is code for shut up and let a very few decide the direction on the union. We refuse to be a "good union pilots" if they insist on spending our dues money in an attempt to place furloughed pilots ahead of pilots flying at the time our shotgun wedding was announced.

By getting along, do you mean the west should just give up and let USAPA have DOH?

What isn't going to last?

If I was a West pilot, I would want 20 year fences on the West bases, but no fences on the East bases. I would offer date of hire. It's a business decision taking emotion out of it. This would better the West pilots' situation from their current situation. I would also put a stipulation in there for out-of-seniority furloughs protecting all West pilots. This will never happen as pilots are too stupid and stubborn for their own good. The Nic award might be binding, but it will not be put to use for 20 years anyway. This is a case of one group not doing what's best for them to spite another group. I understand that they feel entitled to the Nic, and the East screwed them, but in the business world, you have to look passed that. You make the best decision to better your own situation. Neither group is doing that now.

If I was a West pilot, I would want 20 year fences on the West bases, but no fences on the East bases. I would offer date of hire. It's a business decision taking emotion out of it. This would better the West pilots' situation from their current situation. I would also put a stipulation in there for out-of-seniority furloughs protecting all West pilots. This will never happen as pilots are too stupid and stubborn for their own good. The Nic award might be binding, but it will not be put to use for 20 years anyway. This is a case of one group not doing what's best for them to spite another group. I understand that they feel entitled to the Nic, and the East screwed them, but in the business world, you have to look passed that. You make the best decision to better your own situation. Neither group is doing that now.

I don't completely disagree with your post. Sure, a contract (that includes a seniority list both sides agreed to comply) may never be reatified. Just means status quo, no pay parity for the East for 20 years.

The other side needs to realize that DOH will never see the light of day on this property.

The letter has a positive, reconciliatory tone, so that is good even though it is clearly skewed to the East's position. That is to be expected, of course.

I agree that this changes very little in the present time.

I must take great issue with this line, as someone intimately familiar with the AAA pilot group for over a decade. -

The sins of ALPA that were wrought upon the East pilots happened to our former America West pilots too.

Who exactly is ALPA? An evil terrorist organization? A massive corporate conglomerate?
No, it is the pilots themselves! "We have met the enemy, and it is us!" Pogo

The AAA pilot group has been their own worst enemy since I have been involved (or subjected to) with their leadership.

Parity + 1% for what is essentially a regional airline, killed the golden goose.

Wide open floodgates to "affiliate" carriers (MESA, etc.) leading to decimation of their jobs. 3/5th of all flights under US Airways banner are now non-mainline flights.

Refusal to permit the WO-whorely owned carriers to operate RJ or large turboprop AC, resulting in less control and less profit as well as no leverage or strength in numbers.

Refusal negotiate a flow thru (preventing a flowback and avoiding years of unemployment for their mainline members).

There is much more sordid, misguided history. I hope the gentlemenses @ USAPA can begin to right the ship, but it will never bear fruit until the Nicolau award is resolved.

Perhaps the current USAPA officers and volunteers are not the same mustachioed monsters of career destruction, but sitting idly by while your leaders run amok and run your career into the weeds is hardly an excuse. Aside from owning the election results, a pilot group has many options to affect change from within.

USAPA should take PSA under their wings as well. They are sellouts. No different than USAPA

Cowboy75,

You really think the mediator will sit there and listen to 20 years of management's BS?

Last edited:
Cowboy75,

You really think the mediator will sit there and listen to 20 years of management's BS?

Contract will be progressing soon, after we legally stop the collusion evident in the company's recent actions.

From what I read this morning, I seriously doubt Wake will be allowed to rule based on his personal opinions any more. Could be wrong, but you guys might have to fight this based on actual legal precedent.

Hey, but I thank your lawyer for opening up this can of worms lately with his baseless motions; it's allowed a bunch of evidence in from our side! Stuff that Wake flatly disregarded. (How did he get so biased?)

I spent more than a week watching the trial and did not notice any bias. Judge Wake did run a tight ship and put Seham in time-out with a few side bars. We were wondering if it was happy hour over there and curious what Seham was drinking.

Were you able to attend the proceedings in Rm 504 last year?

I spent more than a week watching the trial and did not notice any bias. Judge Wake did run a tight ship and put Seham in time-out with a few side bars. We were wondering if it was happy hour over there and curious what Seham was drinking.

Were you able to attend the proceedings in Rm 504 last year?

No, but I think the results speak for themselves. USAPA motioned for dismissal based on ripeness from the git go. Denied. So, how smart a cookie is Wake? We went through all of it for nothing. Zero. Nada. It's all going to be dismissed as if it never occurred.

Wake's tight ship, as you call it, really wasn't so much "tight" as it was "biased." If you don't see this yet, trust me, you will soon.

I like when Wake denies the jury a definition of "good faith," even though that's what they were asked to decide on. I think he's one of those "Real Men of Genius."

USAPA should take PSA under their wings as well. They are sellouts. No different than USAPA

I agree with you whole heartedly, if for no other reason than to prevent the PSA pilot group from continuing their longstanding and shameful practice of underbidding the other whorely owned pilot group(s).

Those weasels are now participating in the PDT negotiations, after securing RJs, large small jets and almost super sized small large jets (90 seats) for themselves. Their contracts have had pitiful pay, work rules etc. in comparison from that of ALG and even PDT. "It's all about me!" is not just a mainline slogan. Result: a 100% growth of their pilot group roster, while ALG/PDT are now at 45 airframes. That is a 60% decline from their combined DHC-8 fleet total of over 105.

We pilots can always be counted on to screw one another for a small "fee." Management plays that tune with glee whilst the commuter trash dances a jig for a pittance.

The only time I was proud to call them my "bruthas" was that new years gift of a fecal deposit in the CLT chief pilot's file cabinet. That was spectacular! Rejoice in the small victories.

No, but I think the results speak for themselves. USAPA motioned for dismissal based on ripeness from the git go. Denied. So, how smart a cookie is Wake? We went through all of it for nothing. Zero. Nada. It's all going to be dismissed as if it never occurred.

Wake's tight ship, as you call it, really wasn't so much "tight" as it was "biased." If you don't see this yet, trust me, you will soon.

I like when Wake denies the jury a definition of "good faith," even though that's what they were asked to decide on. I think he's one of those "Real Men of Genius."

I was curious if I may have spoke with you. I had a chance to speak with some of your group during breaks.

If you had the chance to spend over a week in the courthouse listening to all the testimony you might have a different opinion. I'm still scratching my head about 2 of the 3 judges on the 9th. They listen to 15 minutes of arguments from each side to overturn days of testimony. I accept that is how the system works and their decision to punt. Remember, they did not find USAPA innocent. They said to bring it back when it is ripe.

We are just going to stand back and watch while USAPA and the lemmings who support that organization run off the cliff.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back