• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic Airways posts first quarter loss

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Now why would he have an axe to grind? Hmmm....his airline is bought by RAH (or sold out by TH...however you look at it) , the pilots forced out and the flying replaced by RAH pilots compensated at half the pay. All without even the common courtesy of a reach around.

Did RAH pilots fly B717 or MD80's for half the pay? Hmm. That doesn't seem logical since they fly a different kind of airplane with a different seat density.

On the other hand, you have to admit, Airtran is almost if not the lowest paid B737/B717 airline out there. So if logic dictates, you guys are actually getting well below average-but not half the pay scale of major airlines ie SWA and DL.

What do you think tool bag?

Roger, WTF are you talking about?! That is the most illogical, ill-informed and unintelligent gibberish I have ever read on this forum.

Borg,

Do you happen to know if RAH pilots flies B717/MD80 for half the pay? Last I remember, they fly a different airplane with a different seat density.

So if your logic dictates, they should get paid full pay the same pay scale on your former B717. hmmm.

Borg,

Do you happen to know if RAH pilots flies B717/MD80 for half the pay? Last I remember, they fly a different airplane with a different seat density.

So if your logic dictates, they should get paid full pay the same pay scale on your former B717. hmmm.

English your second language? Only reason I can think of to explain how incredibly retarded both of these posts are.

Borg,

I'm finding it hard to follow what you're trying to say, but since you seem to be late to the party, here are the facts:

1. Midwest's MD80s were taken out of service when the fuel prices spiked in 2008-2009.
2. Midwest's B717s were configured for 99 passengers.
3. Midwest's management demanded massive paycuts (to Republic's payrates).
4. The Midwest pilots said "He!! no."
5. Republic pilots said "We'll fly 99 seat airplanes (E190s) for the rates Midwest management has proposed."
6. Midwest management said, "Sweet, that's alot easier than negotiating with our own pilots!"
7. The Republic pilots all hold hands and say "It's not our fault, really, it's not. Please ignore the fact that we completely destroyed any chance for Midwest pilots to negotiate a reasonable payscale that is in line with industry standard (and keep their jobs) and that we have collectively lowered the bar for the entire industry." and "Don't blame us, blame management." and "We need to put food on our table." and countless other similar stupid statements.
8. All 400 Midwest pilots were laid off.
9. Midwest pilots are rightfully p!ssed off, as every narrowbody pilot in the industry should be.

The simple fact is that if Republic hadn't had such ridiculously low 99-seat payrates, neither company would be in this situation.

Last edited:
Borg,

They fly different airplanes, but the SAME seat density.

B717=99 seats
E190=99 seats

I would assume that since you're using the name ms_chq and you have listed that you've flown a whole host of EJets that you've worked for Chataqua and would therefore be informed of this, but maybe you're just not very smart...

Last edited:

B717=99 seats
E190=99 seats

I would assume that since you're using the name ms_chq and you have listed that you've flown a whole host of EJets that you've worked for Chataqua and would therefore be informed of this, but maybe you're just not very smart...

ms chq...hmmm...likes to use "tool bag" as insult of choice......basic math skills appear to be weak. Difficulty in maintaining any logical train of thought. Nope....she's not worth arguing with.

B717=99 seats
E190=99 seats

Actually he's even MORE wrong.

Our 717's originally had 88 first class seats. The pay rates were based on fewer than 70 seat DC-9's. ALL paid more than any respective equivalent position at RAH. Cheaper labor won out with Bedford's minions doing the equivalent flying now.

Actually he's even MORE wrong.

Our 717's originally had 88 first class seats. The pay rates were based on fewer than 70 seat DC-9's. ALL paid more than any respective equivalent position at RAH. Cheaper labor won out with Bedford's minions doing the equivalent flying now.

Good point Citation, you always were the smart one in class...

Correct me if i'm wrong, but weren't those 717's scheduled to go away long before Rah even came into the picture?

Latest resources

Back