• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Regions Air????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
got a question for you... do you think they will be training any of the poolies?

how do you think they could have known about this in advance?

My apologies, I'll clarify. The employees could not have known about today's specific incident. But there have been internal events (returning aircraft to lessor, to name one) that would lead one to believe the company was/is not on stable financial footing.

I would say this is the final nail in the coffin for Regions. I actually leave the company today, and wish all still there the best. I'm sure sure I will never fly with such a good group of people ever again.

Last edited:
Good Luck Nick. Best of luck to the current Regions pilots.

It was essentially record keeping that killed Value Jet...the Feds take it really seriously.

Well, I’d argue the crash killed the name Value Jet rather than the airline itself. After the accident Value Jet bought AirTran Airlines, merged the two companies and became AirTran Airways. In a sense Value Jet is alive and doing quite well. “Feds take record keeping really seriously” – yeah, especially at smaller airlines…

Back to the subject -I belive all IOE instructors will be VERY busy for the next week or so!

If the oxygen generators had been properly labled there would have been no crash-they never would have been put on the plane-right back to record keeping. I know the history and am really glad that they survived as a company.

To bad the ioe guys and gals only get thier override during actual instruction!

Last edited:
we studied the value jet crash in A&P school and the aircraft exceeded the speed of sound in the dive attempting to stop the fire.

If the oxygen generators had been properly labled there would have been no crash-they never would have been put on the plane-right back to record keeping. I know the history and am really glad that they survived as a company.

My point exactly, outsourced mx and their sloppy record keeping was the problem. Funny thing - today AirTran uses their own mx almost entirely yet many majors, among them their big ATL competition uses outsourced mx, and part of it is in Mexico - yet no one seems to mind huh? Amazing how big airlines can get away with stuff small ones can’t even touch.

To bad the ioe guys and gals only get thier override during actual instruction!

Is this a different subject or? Confused here.

we studied the value jet crash in A&P school and the aircraft exceeded the speed of sound in the dive attempting to stop the fire.

I don’t think they were attempting to “dive to stop the fire,” the airplane was in “freefall” as the crew and the pax were pretty much burning up of the heat generated by the generators, they were probably (and in a sad way - hopefully) all passed out.

Back to the real subject – hope Corpex recovers once again, not for the sake of the owner mafia but for the sake of all the great employees there!

Latest resources

Back