• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Regions Air????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I COMPLETELY agree with just about 100% of what Doug is saying. You shouldn't work for a place like Regions just to "hurry up" and get your 1000PIC so you can move on. You might as well enjoy where you are working in case something happens and you are there for longer than the 1000 hrs. REGIONS IS NOT THAT PLACE. There are far too many DESCENT regionals with short upgrade times. The Brasilia at SkyWest is currently 10-12 months to upgrade. On another point, just like Doug said, you shouldn't upgrade until you're ready (not when the company is ready). I plan on bypassing upgrade until I can hold it in a base that suits my home life.

Do some serious homework before you spend YOUR hard earned money to go on that interview in Nashville. Just an FYI, SkyWest & Horizon will positive space you out for the interview, instead of you having to purchase a ticket on your dime.

Just checking out my new avatar gentlemen...I hear RJ's are coming...

Regions

The new Chief Pilot at Regions is a female. Her name is Jen Niedergeses. And has be in that position little over a month. They have a training class on Feb 26.

I started to interview back in June 2006 through Oct. 06.
Where I went to (Mesa, Eagle, XJT, TSA, Pinnicle, Commutair, and then JAN 2007 Did ASA, Comair and Cape Air. Where those 9 all resulted in a Thanks but no thanks like to see you back in 3 or 6 months. I have just now started to re-apply for round 2. That means I have been too 9 interviews with no offers! Sad to say Regions would be 10. I want hours get in and get out. I have an almost done deal at a corporate compay G450 and higher once I get 2000TT and 250 MEL. I personally am in the CASS system (limited to United and Star Allience Network).
If Reigions does not work for me I'll move to DC from Los Angeles, CA for a very nice private 135 out fit and fly the barons and here and their in KA100 until I get my time up to what I posted above:). Something happened to me with getting the CFI (Which I feel is coming back to haunt me now) Multiple failed check-rides.
I am waiting for an invite from Republic Holdings, Skywest, AWAC, Horizon.

Was she the FO that was in the training Department? I am just making sure that I have the right Jen.

The new Chief Pilot at Regions is a female. Her name is Jen Niedergeses. And has be in that position little over a month. They have a training class on Feb 26.

I started to interview back in June 2006 through Oct. 06.
Where I went to (Mesa, Eagle, XJT, TSA, Pinnicle, Commutair, and then JAN 2007 Did ASA, Comair and Cape Air. Where those 9 all resulted in a Thanks but no thanks like to see you back in 3 or 6 months. I have just now started to re-apply for round 2. That means I have been too 9 interviews with no offers! Sad to say Regions would be 10. I want hours get in and get out. I have an almost done deal at a corporate compay G450 and higher once I get 2000TT and 250 MEL. I personally am in the CASS system (limited to United and Star Allience Network).
If Reigions does not work for me I'll move to DC from Los Angeles, CA for a very nice private 135 out fit and fly the barons and here and their in KA100 until I get my time up to what I posted above:). Something happened to me with getting the CFI (Which I feel is coming back to haunt me now) Multiple failed check-rides.
I am waiting for an invite from Republic Holdings, Skywest, AWAC, Horizon.

Dont waste your money going to the interview. Regions is down to a few airplanes, chances are you're not going to do a whole lot of flying. I would go to the 135 out fit where you can easily build your time much quicker, and probably get paid better.
There is a lot of good advice in this thread.....STAY AWAY FROM REGIONS!!!!
In my opinion the place is going to implode in the next 3 months. Anybody with a little common sense would leave that place NOW...........
Besides in the last 2 years no captain except maybe 1 (CAL) has gone anywhere worth while.
Good people sh*tty management. Anybody left there that thinks the place is going to turn around (taildragger) is a fool.....dont be the next.

Way2Broke, you're thinking of a different person. I know who you are talking about, but that's not Jen.

Must have the two women that were in the training department mixed up. If it is the other woman she was very knowledgeable and has a good personality. She told us to "get our time and get out." But then again so did everyone in the training department, the management, and even the guys that did the interview. I wonder why she is not listening to her own advise here?

Latest resources

Back