• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Regions Air????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From what I am hearing, Regions will be doing the flying for Great Lakes out of STL? Anyone else hear this?

Yeh, I guess that's the plan..

But here is my question:

Then what?

From what I have heard is that we are going to fly the stuff we've been flying, until Great Lakes is up to speed and can take over..

Then what happens? We are "supposed to be working on cities.." but what if?

This place, I think it's sunk..

From what I am hearing, Regions will be doing the flying for Great Lakes out of STL? Anyone else hear this?

That’s what I am hearing, just long enough for Great Lakes to hire and train their own guys to take over the cities they won. Here’s something some of you “new” guys might find kind of ironic.

Years and years ago, when Corpex was started by Chuck Howell and his brother, the airline flew on its own and was losing money big time. Things didn’t look very promising UNTIL Midway airlines decided to get rid of their commuter connection and replace them with Corporate Airlines.

The airline they dumped then? Great Lakes.

Oh yeah, and they flew our “new” routes until we trained enough of our own guys. This is what I was told by our former HR manager, because it was before my time. This industry is amazing, isn’t it? Maybe Chuck will offer positions to our guys if there’s no other flying for Corpex. I hear they’re working on a backup plan though so maybe it’ll work out after all. For the sake of the employees I hope so.

Last edited:
I think the best thing to do is for all current Corpexers to hit the road..

A backup plan? They've been working on a "back up plan" since I got here..

Could someone pleas PM with contact info for whomever is incharge of crew records. I would like a copy of my records from 3c before the doors close.

You know...it's a sad thing when everyone speaks of airlines like Great Lakes and Corpex and how they were run and operated many years ago (10-ish or so) and you look at them today, and they haven't changed one bit.

jetpig call crew scheduling...

Crew sked is operating?

That's kind of funny...I was dog tired the other day but stopped myself-I was dialing the wrong 800 number!

That's how long I was there...ya know, I couldn't tell you the 800 number for corpex, but if I'm just running on habit my fingers know which numbers to dial...

I really hope that somehow things can work out for you guys and gals. Yeah, working out best would be getting a call from the last people you interviewed with for a class date.

Yet there is something sad about the place going away. There are in fact people from Corpex all over the world at any given point in time. It was a stepping stone and sometimes the first step was a really big one. SWA, NWA, Air Tran, Delta, Midway (it seemed like a good choice at the time, I know)CHQ, SkyWest, Fractionals, Pace, UPS, Fedex, Polar, World (and I don't know who all I missed)...hell, a RJ is a big step, let alone 72's, 73's 74's, DC-8's, DC-9's DC-10's and MD-11's!

I would hope that somehow given the dymamics of the industry at this point in time that GLA would have problems finding people (given the number of RJ outfits hiring that's not unreasonable) and that any corpexers left would end up with some kind of blend into the seniority list...something besides a staple to the bottom anyway!

As sad as it is, you have all now seen how bad it can be-or at least close to it. My real hope is that you can find some of the good that is left in this industry. For all the sacrifices that so many people made for so long it was not upon them to find a paradigm that worked in the post 911 world-that was up to management. In a nearly six year period only one regional has failed-ACA-while all the others flourished. It may be that Regions Air is about to join them...from the opposite reason that ACA failed. A complete lack of ambition at HQ rather than too much.

That's sad...

Last edited:
You know...it's a sad thing when everyone speaks of airlines like Great Lakes and Corpex and how they were run and operated many years ago (10-ish or so) and you look at them today, and they haven't changed one bit.

Well actually some things did change. Corporate/RegionsAir went from a 2 airline code-share airline (Midway Airlines & TWA/American) and at one point a pilot workforce of almost 200 pilots to just a 1 code-share, or maybe even a no code-share airline, and has now only ~50 pilots left (not sure, maybe even fewer).
Great Lakes on the other hand has gone the opposite way - they now have a code-share with two airlines (United & Frontier) and last time I heard more than 200 pilots.

In a nearly six year period only one regional has failed-ACA-while all the others flourished. It may be that Regions Air is about to join them...from the opposite reason that ACA failed. A complete lack of ambition at HQ rather than too much.

Wow, that’s a pretty somber and unfortunately accurate summary…

Hopefully, the guys/gals leaving Regions will be able to help other Regexers follow their footsteps...It seems like lots of them have been getting hired lately, lets hope this will continue.

Can anyone shed a light on how other workgroups are dealing with the temporary shutdown? The dispatchers, mechanics, gate agents, etc? Are they finding other jobs? Or are they hanging on waiting for things to improve?

they haven't changed one bit.

Yeah, that was a pretty broad statement. Let me re-phrase it...no new equipment, no real advancements in pay or working conditions (assuming so with great lakes)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back