• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Regions Air????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For our class, you have to admit we got off with pretty light taining contracts. Doesn't Colgan want you to sign a two year contract and for more money? sh!taqua and all of their illegitimate offspring require two year contracts and like 19,000 hours (or 1500 hrs, but 19,000 sounds better for the sake of the story) to get an interview. And besides, Regions is getting bought by FedEx here soon...

Last edited:
The "taco" that you refer to Doug, also offers pay raises. You can not compare a real airline to a dress up one.

The "taco" that you refer to Doug, also offers pay raises. You can not compare a real airline to a dress up one.

Don't rebuff my point! Look, I may not work for Chitaqua or its subsidiaries, and I may not have even seen one of their planes before. And while your point is based on fact, and mine was based on information pieced together from sugar packets...I lost my train of thought. Nevermind

Eh, I dunno..

What gets me is when someone will sign on the line that says "If I quit before X date.. I will pay Y amount..."

They all sign it..

Sorta like.. if two guys are having a.. beef.. and one guy says "if you call my mother a whore, one more time, I will skull thump you.." and the other guys says "your mother is a whore.." now, previously aforementioned thug skull thumpers lesser aforementioned fellow.. and this guy gets angry?

You called his momma a whore.. skull thump!
You signed a contract... pay your monies...

Thennn.. when they quit.. before X... they are asked to pay Y.. they get all pissy about it..

You signed it.. pay it, or work it out....

FedEx isn't buying us.. They have no use for Jetstreams.. and they canceled the A-380 order.. Whoever is buying us, is actually going to put 1 - A-380 online.. It is truly a unique bird.. The configuration is unlike anything ever seen.. The aftest most aft portion of the fuselage will house the "corpex community" so, we are all forced to live IN the airplane.. and thus, in domicile.. No more commuting! Weee.... Also, we are having our pay cut even more, as they are providing housing, no more over nights, no more busted up White F-150's.. No more Lips!

The not quite soo aft but still pretty aft section of the fuse will house the rampers.. After a low approach to the destination, they will egress the aircraft and begin ground operations..

Now, the center afty section.. oh, this is where we will hold between 3 and 21 pax, bags, seeing eye dogs, etc.. Ha! No more will we hear "this is the smallest thing I've ever been on.." "Does this thing really fly.."

and I haven't seen then plans for the fore and most forest spots on the bird, but no doubt.. they will be immmpressive..

Oh and umm.. we will flag stop everything..

Man, nothing like an over night is UIN.. I's is boooorreeed...

Another thing Mesa has going for them is the Code Share agreement with US Airways.

who cares if they have a code share with USAir! the local markets around STL are old TWA (now AA) Frequent Flyer Folks. USAir is in sh!tty MCI with hardly any connections. EAS is EAS. any operator will suck. you people think air midwest is even close to 90% completion?

and by the way, why does blackpilot always rag on regionsair? ah, i remember, always ran his mouth in the crew room, just like a "siren" (his nickname) and would never shut up. negative, negative, negative. well, being a jungle bus gear slinger is where he needs to be.

I agree with you Tram. The training contract thing is a non-issue. You know what you're signing for up front. If you can't live with it, don't sign it. BUT, did not Mesaba, at one time, try to collect "their" monies on training contracts after they furloughed pilots before said contracts were up? Hope they did not get away with it.

Maybe Regions should look into the T-56 STC conversion for the Jetstream. 4,500 shaft bending horsepower a side. Then they can cram, like...20 people into that thing.

soon i'll have a new word to add to my vocabulary.......BOEING

and one to remove.........RegionsAir

So did you get the call and the answer was "Welcome to the team.." or is this hopeful speculation?

You are not aware about the class that showed up to class unaware of a contract and was told to either go home or sign? Criminal if you ask me... and typical!

Latest resources

Back