Regions Air????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mugging a Corpex pilot, there's a grand idea
Management is way ahead of you. Did anyone get a good look at the mugger? Was he wringing his hands and saying "eeeeexxxxxcellent"?

Management is way ahead of you. Did anyone get a good look at the mugger? Was he wringing his hands and saying "eeeeexxxxxcellent"?

I know who you're writing of smithers...hehehehe-and yeah, putting your crews in that kind of a situation is pretty low.

And no Doug, it wasn't me. If they had grabbed the cell phone I had at the time they would have hung their heads in shame, put the gun away, given the phone back and skulked off in the darkness...muttering something about brokeazzwhiteboyzshouldbeshamedodemselvzscarrinshizzlelikedat...

And after the whole microtel/motel 6 debacle and lack of support that management gave their valued crewmembers I just bid around TBN, trip traded it away or something else to get away from it except for a few special occasions...like long spring and fall overnights when we had the truck, it wasn't too damm hot and we could go to the Hub for a doppel and some zegoiner schnitzel and maybe a rumplemint for desert. And for a blessed while all the TBN o/n's were on the BNA lines...hehehe.

Ya got to be able to make your own fun! Seniority helps! I hear tell that most all of the O/N's are like the weekday MWA's were...too short on one end and not long enough on the other!

Ah, the sordid stories I could tell of my life at the bottom of the -well, I started to say food chain, but that's a little high, ain't it!

Tell the girls of TBN that I said hey!

Last edited:
As a matter of fact, you in the STL system-if you still have all those ford pickups, you don't know what an improvement they are over the Godforsaken deathtrap pieces of sheit they used to make their "valued employees" drive...hehehe...

Oh, you think I gest...taildragger? Remember the fracking ScAerostar in UIN???

I heard a good story about the Aerostar.. :) Someone took it to the overnight with a full tank, and since the piece took soo long to heat up in the morning, they just left it running.. :)

Came back out to a warm ride and a 1/4 tank of gas for the ride to the airport.. :D

I heard a good story about the Aerostar.. :) Someone took it to the overnight with a full tank, and since the piece took soo long to heat up in the morning, they just left it running.. :)

Came back out to a warm ride and a 1/4 tank of gas for the ride to the airport.. :D

Ah, the legends grow with time...it only took half a tank to stay warm overnight ;)...hehehehe and at that it wasn't warm inside, only not as cold as outside. Though I never was one that actually left it running...see, I was a F/O at the time...didn't feel that I had that much authoritah...

Oh yeah...that's the POS!

And it gets cold enough in UIN that your breath will freeze on the inside of the windshield. It wasn't safe! Comfort was right out!

It took many safety reports back to MQY to get the front wheels ballanced-the thing shook so bad at about 52 mph one was sure it was going to fly apart. Instead of fixing the microswitch on the rear hatch so the light wouldn't stay on overnight they pulled the bulbs out of the overhead and taped the rear hatch shut so you had to throw your bags on the seats through the side door.

I think the only instrument that worked...lets see, the gas gauge and the speedometer. Turn singnal indicators? no Oil Prx? no Temp? no...the list goes on...

The company let us bid on one of the vans that the Mechs used in MQY once when they descided to get rid of it. I bid $3.98...hehehehe

Last edited:
As a matter of fact, you in the STL system-if you still have all those ford pickups, you don't know what an improvement they are over the Godforsaken deathtrap pieces of sheit they used to make their "valued employees" drive...hehehe...

Oh, you think I gest...taildragger? Remember the fracking ScAerostar in UIN???

yeah belch, i remember that van. how about the one deemed unroadworthy by the state of tennessee that they moved up to PAH, then KY kicked it out, the MWA had it for a while until SP did the bardyard shuffle one night with JB and got it all jacked up. i think that was a brown van.

or there's the blue one in MQY for the crews that got 3 miles to the gallon, always had an empty tank (thanks to MX lunch adventures) and drove like a J-Ball flew!!!!

yeah, those were the days.....

yeah belch, i remember that van. how about the one deemed unroadworthy by the state of tennessee that they moved up to PAH, then KY kicked it out, the MWA had it for a while until SP did the bardyard shuffle one night with JB and got it all jacked up. i think that was a brown van.

or there's the blue one in MQY for the crews that got 3 miles to the gallon, always had an empty tank (thanks to MX lunch adventures) and drove like a J-Ball flew!!!!

yeah, those were the days.....

Hehehe-the blue full sized ford that mx in MQY sent to MWA 'cause the front end was so worn out they wouldn't drive it any more-aka "the DUI simulator".

Ever get to drive that little Ranger with the V-8 crammed in it down MKL way? That one was fun!

so my son you have made the right choice! when was it that the last corpex captain got hired to the majors? ghetto air and pace dont count...

Delta Lima was in the last class that America West ran. Jball to 757 baby-just before the merger with Airways...dat good enough?

I think I heard that someone went to CAL-as in mainline, not express but I'm not sure.

Yeh, we lost a captain to CAL in December..

4 or 5 have interviews with Air Tran this month..

Latest resources

Back