• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NO JS to anti-ALPA types

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My words lately when another pilot asks for the JS...

"Welcome aboard...can I see those documents?"

"Here's the jumpseat briefing card."

Wait...that's the same thing I've always said...no JS war here(and I work for SkyWest...AND I voted YES). But if you want to start something...go ahead.

I work for AQ and the reason i denied him the jumpseat was not due to his union vote but due to the fact he said Fukc ALPA. In those words.

I had his name and will submit his attitude to the j/s coordinator. People can vote what they want but dont come to my plane and piss on what i have worked for.
Didnt know Aloha Airlines flew into SLC?

Yeah I just sat here and read this useless thread and thought about that too. So Pookie who do you really work for and why the heck did you waste our time with your BS?

BS or not, in a word, if you are JS, keep your damned opinions to yourself, even if the head honcho is grilling you for 15 minutes because he is grinding his axe (i.e. keep your cool and get to work or home).

BS or not, in a word, if you are JS, keep your damned opinions to yourself, even if the head honcho is grilling you for 15 minutes because he is grinding his axe (i.e. keep your cool and get to work or home).

BS, if you don't want to hear an answer that might piss you off, then don't ask the question. He had an ax to grind got an answer he didn't like and acted like a 10 year old.

I am not an airline pilot, and maybe never will be, but I would like to add my 2 cents worth here.

Unions killed the American auto industry, making it impossible to create a good car that produced a profit for the company. Unions have had their purpose in this country, but have also been abused.

Their purpose was to stop the 10-14 hour working days in poorly lit and poorly ventilated working conditions, in the factories of yester-year.

They are overly abused today, with no real purpose, and have become political machines as well.

Ask any teacher who is not a Democrat if they wish they had a choice about paying teacher union dues.

If I were an airline FO, realizing this was my last ride home, this jerk would get a punch in the face, AND my view about unions after I knocked him through the windshield, and he came to on the ground.

What a jerk. I know he wouldn't dare talk to me one on one, face to face, without his macho Captain shirt on, in a neutral atmosphere like a coffee shop.

People have a choice, and mine would be to vote against the union, and this guy is one reason why.

And you would then be placed in a Federal Penitentiary for interfering with the operations of an on-duty flight crew member, a federal offence, as I remember.

Boy, how we puff our chests out on the internet.

Jerk.

PIC authority trumps it all, sorry.

Peace.

Rekks

I can promise that FO did not get back to the gatehouse and say to himself, "Wow, maybe he is rightI should change my union perspective." I respect the passion for pookie, but I also feel it was immature, and way too militant. Wrong impression for the rationale my friend.

Just in case, it comes up, I am EXTREMELY PRO-UNION. Anyway that knows me, can tell you where my loyalty lyes. This FO's stance obvisously comes from a very "green" background with 121 aviation and the aspects that surround it. He was just trying to be one of the big kids all the while not knowing what he was talking about.

Wow this thread has the board all heated up tonight!! It's been one hell of a long volley. ALPA and Teamsters both need a good internal tweaking. They both need new blood and people who actually care about who they represent. Right now all they seem to care about is Money!!

I personally think that unions drive a wedge between management and employees. Unfortunately in our line of work they are a necessary evil. Personally I would rather unionize in house. Pay a full time attorney, business manager, let them handle the grievances, and even pay the union reps a little for their time. In house unions see to have a better working relationship with management. In insted of both sides hating one another, there is actually a more tolerable working relationship. More & More Airlines seem to be heading in the direction of unionizing in house.

However denying the jump seat, that is just wrong!!!! Plain and simple. If someone uses vulgarity when the cockpit door is open, as few people have already mentioned, lock them in the jump seat, and give that person a little talking to or have a "Come to Jesus Meeting" and hopefully he/she will leave with a new outlook.

Why is it just plain wrong?

Ya know. I've been on this board for a long time. I've seen half of you since you were lowly flight instructors chomping at the bit for a shinny jet. 1/2 of you are the same guys that spoke of the inequities of places like Freedom, CC Air, Go Jerks, BMA and how they've helped ruin the industry.

I spent 3 years as a jumpseat committee chairman. In the end the single biggest thing that anoyed me was having to toe the "jumpseat can't be used as a weapon line". SOrry but I don't see it as a weapon. I see it as a reward and professional courtesy from one captain to another pilot. Why should that courtesy be offered and rewarded just based on a COMM cert? Why should it be offered to pilots who are not willing and committed to bettering the industry?

The jumpseat is not being used as a weapon. The simple courtesy is just not being offered to those who don't work to better our profession. As it will not be offered on my a/c to the 87 original Freedom pilots, Go Jets pilots, or now skywest pilots. Sorry.

Latest resources

Back