• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NO JS to anti-ALPA types

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When someone tells it like it is, they get kicked off the jumpseat..... The problem is he told the truth....

No he didn't. Saying "f&^% ALPA" isn't telling the trust. It's a flat-out objectionable thing to say to a Captain that has already made it clear that he's an ALPA supporter. When you're asking for a ride from someone, don't be a jerk and make obviously offensive comments. When I was working the Skywest organizing drive, I had to ride the actual jumpseat on Skywest flights on numerous occasions. Not once did I bring up ALPA, because it wouldn't be appropriate for me to bring up what could easily be a contentious subject when asking someone for a ride. Like Rez has said, this is about tact.

If you come to my plane, all i ask is that you act professional. Small talk is small talk but dont get emotional about the union after being on the property for only 2 months.

Yes, i am pro union and yes i will bend over backwards to help my colleagues, but dont piss on something that the pilot group has worked on.

Joey..now you are changing your tune!

You said the j/s wasn't political and the requester got political and unprofessional. Need a Code Of Ethics reference now?

Sorry Joey.. as usual.. you are a hypocrite, biased and lack the skill set to focus on the issue. Bitter man you are.....

Not at all what I said.... however the ALPA spin machine is working overtime.....

The captain was political when he asked a political question..... If I ask you who you are voting for in the Presidential election, then I better be prepared for you saying that you are voting for Hillary..... If I don't want to hear the answer, then I won't ask the question....

The proper thing is to not ask controversial questions...... I don't ask them, and I don't volunteer them on the jumpseat..... However if I am asked, I will answer truthfully.... If the truth hurts, so be it... If you then deny me the jumpseat, then we will follow it up throught the channels......

Silly to deny someone because they don't agree with you when you ask them a question...... Keep spewing your propaganda Rez.... and keep wondering why ALPA isn't making headway with the Skywest group.....

The captain was political when he asked a political question..... If I ask you who you are voting for in the Presidential election, then I better be prepared for you saying that you are voting for Hillary..... If I don't want to hear the answer, then I won't ask the question....

If the jumpseater had said something to the effect of "well, I'm not really an ALPA supporter because...." then I doubt pookie would have denied him the jumpseat. The fact that he said "f^%$ ALPA" is the difference.

Not at all what I said.... however the ALPA spin machine is working overtime.....

Joey... stick with us... I feel like you are losing consciousnous...

The captain was political when he asked a political question.....

Its called a union drive silly. Shall they not talk about the elephant?

If I ask you who you are voting for in the Presidential election, then I better be prepared for you saying that you are voting for Hillary..... If I don't want to hear the answer, then I won't ask the question....

Not the point... see Joey.. you don't know how to debate.. you think saying Fcuk Hillary is debating. That is imature trash talking....

The proper thing is to not ask controversial questions...... I don't ask them, and I don't volunteer them on the jumpseat..... However if I am asked, I will answer truthfully.... If the truth hurts, so be it... If you then deny me the jumpseat, then we will follow it up throught the channels......

What channels? Are you going to call the FSDO and whine that a CA used PIC authority?

Silly to deny someone because they don't agree with you when you ask them a question......

Joey...over here! Pay attention Joey..... it has nothing to do with agreeing Joey... he was unprofessional and said the RJDC, er I mean the F word.

Keep spewing your propaganda Rez.... and keep wondering why ALPA isn't making headway with the Skywest group.....

C'mon Joey... you just loath ALPA cause you don't know how to function is the political environement. It is too complex for you. So you hate and reject.....

No he didn't. Saying "f&^% ALPA" isn't telling the trust. It's a flat-out objectionable thing to say to a Captain that has already made it clear that he's an ALPA supporter. When you're asking for a ride from someone, don't be a jerk and make obviously offensive comments. When I was working the Skywest organizing drive, I had to ride the actual jumpseat on Skywest flights on numerous occasions. Not once did I bring up ALPA, because it wouldn't be appropriate for me to bring up what could easily be a contentious subject when asking someone for a ride. Like Rez has said, this is about tact.

That's not how this thread started.... Here is how it was presented.....

I recently had a new hire FO from SkyWest who requested my jumpseat to SLC. I asked him about his views on the union drive. His response was that unions are basically useless and that SkyWest was doing better than most regionals without unions. After speaking to him for 15 minutes about how we need to unify all pilot groups as a collective whole, I realized that he did not care.

The captain asked an honest question, and the JS offered an honest opinion.... That isn't a reason to deny the jumpseat.....

Where does it end? Scope, Age 60, Hillary/Thompson, Abortion, Gun Control, Ginger/Mary Ann?

Listen, don't ask questions that you aren't prepared for the answer.... Don't kick a jumpseater off because he answered your question truthfully.....

That's not how this thread started

Never the less, pookie has posted that is what happened, and that is why he denied the jumpseater. Do you disagree with his decision to deny a jumpseater that was that disrespectful and offensive?

The captain asked an honest question, and the JS offered an honest opinion.... That isn't a reason to deny the jumpseat.....
"F*&^ ALPA" is not an honest opinion. It's an inflammatory comment.

Where does it end? Scope, Age 60, Hillary/Thompson, Abortion, Gun Control, Ginger/Mary Ann?
It ends wherever the Captain wants it to end. The jumpseat belongs to the Captain. If he wants to deny you a jumpseat because he doesn't like the color of your hair, then that's his decision. Do you not support Captain's authority, Joey?

Rez. and PCL, you are the ones trying to recruit new members, specifically Skywest...... Advocating using the jumpseat as a weapon and threatening people who don't agree isn't the way to win them over.....

This JSer is more upset with ALPA then before..... If this was an Aloha flight, then it was probably a long flight..... would have been a good opportunity to "sell" ALPA.....

I am hearing a lot of "threats" from the ALPA cheerleaders..... not conducive to winning their hearts.....

You and I aren't going to change each other's minds, but you aren't going to win over the fence sitters by threatening them....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back