NO JS to anti-ALPA types

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pookie

I recently had a new hire FO from SkyWest who requested my jumpseat to SLC. I asked him about his views on the union drive. His response was that unions are basically useless and that SkyWest was doing better than most regionals without unions. After speaking to him for 15 minutes about how we need to unify all pilot groups as a collective whole, I realized that he did not care.

With that said, I just merely denied him his jumpseat on my plane. I will pick and choose who rides up front and if you dont have the decency to better the profession, I dont want you around my cockpit.

I know that the jumpseat should not be used for political purposes but i am frustrated to these new pilots that only think about themselves.

The jumpseat agreement was provided by ALPA and fought by ALPA. If you dont support that, you are no longer allowed in my plane.

I recently had a new hire FO from SkyWest who requested my jumpseat to SLC. I asked him about his views on the union drive. His response was that unions are basically useless and that SkyWest was doing better than most regionals without unions. After speaking to him for 15 minutes about how we need to unify all pilot groups as a collective whole, I realized that he did not care.

With that said, I just merely denied him his jumpseat on my plane. I will pick and choose who rides up front and if you dont have the decency to better the profession, I dont want you around my cockpit.

I know that the jumpseat should not be used for political purposes but i am frustrated to these new pilots that only think about themselves.

The jumpseat agreement was provided by ALPA and fought by ALPA. If you dont support that, you are no longer allowed in my plane.

and what airline do you fly for?

unions suck they do nothing, and let me guess you sir who denied the jumpseat are the reason our generation hates unions, you sir are the downfall of this profession, you sir are why i cant feed myself let alone my family.. btw what goes around comes around

I would have confined him to the jumpseat for the flight and schooled him.

However, it seemed that he didn't have the social grace to NOT offend someone in thier own house...

Should he have just made one opinion comment and keep the rest of his opinions nuetral? What is the topic was politics or religion? Looks like he wanted a ride and wanted to be offensive.

what do you do when someone offends you in your own house?

Seriously dude... I don't care how you what your stand is on a union. I'm not going to screw someone out of getting to work or getting home. You're a first class a$$.

I'll play that game with you. I don't jumpseat but i carry about 12 per week. I'll just say no. Have a nice day. Skywest is a pretty big company to mess with. Lot's of guys would be chewin you a new one if you don't change your attitude.

Last edited:
Seriously dude... I don't care how you what your stand is on a union. I'm not going to screw someone out of getting to work or getting home. You're a first class a$$.

Yeah you are. You enjoyed your power trip so much that you had to share it with the forum.

I hope the SkyWest guy comes on and tells us who you work for. That is one real problem with unions. They use threats and fear as well as punishment to try and force people to join. I think you did a lot of damage to the union drive.

I hope some day you are on your way to a wedding that you cannot miss... and as luck would have it... the only seat available is the jumpseat... and the "new hire FO" has just upgraded... and he gets to decide if you get a ride or if your sorry butt gets left behind.

Latest resources

Back